Swollen itchy eyes and lip rash/sores
For the past 10 years I have had really sensitive lips and have only been able to use one type of lip balm. As anything else - lip sticks of glosses give me little sores on my lips and cause them to puff up and get little scabs and peel contantly - i also get dry patches under my eyes and eye lids. When I visited a doctor they told me I may have an allergy to nail polish and an ingrediant in lip glosses/balms its also happens when I were nail polish. After removing it it usually clears up within a week.

Recently I havent even be able to use my usual lip balm as my lips react to that as well and my eyes are puffing up and getting extremly itchy and stinging. I was heading overseas for 3 weeks and the doctor have me some tablets to take to clear up my lips as she said they looked like they had a staff infection. Whilst I was OS all my symptoms cleared up completely and within 2 days of returing home everything started up again!

A week after I had been back,I woke up in the monring and my eyes were completely closed over and extremly swollen. I visited a doctor and they said I might have hives or some type of allergy. I was put on antihistmines and a course of panafcortelone, which helped with the eye swelling and the lips alittle. but now i have reduced the amount of panafcortelone I take daily as I am at the end of my course, as have been told it isnt something I can take long term and my eyes are becoming more irrated and puffy and my lips sore are getting worse.
I havent changed any make up lately or products like toothpaste, washing powder.

Does anyone have any sugguestions what it might be, as its dirvinbg me crazy!!!!
And btw, in regards to people thinking it could be connected to food in any way, my doctors told me that this is probably not the case. They pretty much said that it's most definitely contact related since food allergies rather gives you stomach cramps and similar.

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to let you know how I'm doing.  I have not had one problem since I stopped using anything with Isothiazolinone in it, (including my shampoo and conditioner).

To the person who was at the dentist... I had the same problem and they figure is was due to the cinnamon in the flouride treatment they gave me when they cleaned my teeth which is very common I guess.  My guess could also be the anti-bacterial agents they use in the office such as the soap and hand sanitizer.

I know I am allergic to Isothiazolinone.  It is in almost every liquid, (cleaning agents especially).  It keeps the liquids from growing mold, (bacteria and microbes).  It is a preservative.  My conditioner on my hair was touching my eye area when I was blowdrying my hair which explains why my eyelids were sore, swollen, and peeling.  Besides all of the trouble around my mouth and nose area.  I will not be posting again and I hope my blogs have helped some of you.  It's an awful experience, (I had for over 12 years), and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  Good luck and take care!

Linda
Hi Hampus,

I am using bar soap.  I am using VO5 shampoo & conditioner.  If I have to use a liquid soap like at a restaurant, I rinse and rinse my hands and dry off (scrub) with a papertowel.  Then I try not to touch my face at all.  I took all of my clothing, towels, bedding, etc. and re-washed them in powder laundry soap which I continue to use today.  I do not use any liquid fabric softener (used to use Downy every load but now I show allergic symptoms after I hug somebody with it on their clothes).  I do use Bounce fabric sheets.  I use rubber gloves to clean my bathroom.  I do still use Dawn dishwashing liquid but this is the only thing I haven't been able to give up yet.  It was a bummer having to use VO5 but I had no choice.  Watch any liquids for isothiazolinone, or derivative of it, (like in our earlier conversations).  Take care and good luck!!!!!
Same story as most of you.  Started out of the blue, been going on for over seven months and driving me crazy.  Steriod pills/shots/creams help for a week then comes back, often worse.  In and out of doctors offices that proved useless.  I work in construction and have actually taken a medical leave due to this.  I am aggressively trying to resolve and get answers.  I had patch tests done, quaternium-15 and formaldehyde were culprits.  These are often in construction and also cosmetic products.  A couple of days off of work, and my symptoms improved dramatically.  I thought that I had my answer, yet symptoms have returned, though not as severe.  I finally went to a Holistic Doc, and walked out of the office with some hope, instead of terribly depressed.  She mentioned the health risks of Genetically Modified foods and since they have been introduced, the rate of people experiencing weird "allergies" and unexplained health problems has sky-rocketed.  Pretty much our bodies can get really confused, because cells/dna etc... are being manipulated in ways that we can't even possibly begin to know how they will affect us.  We are being poisoned in our food and in the products we use.  Just a thought to consider...  so I have gathered that this problem has many variables.  I am interested in the possibility of this being a hormonal issue...  in fact, I will be getting tests done soon to look at this, but I have to wait until a certain time in my cycle to drop.  Also, toxicity in the body seems to be a concern and I was warned to not do a crazy detox yet, because if your body is too weak, a strong detox can actually do more harm than good. I am waiting on the results of blood tests/ food allergy tests etc...  Basically, the doc is gathering info right now and I am trying to reduce toxins and avoid chemicals...  Maybe multiple chemical sensitivities, an overload and our bodies are wigging out.  One website on mcs, suggested that we are the canaries that prove things are really f'd up( the story of bringing canaries into the mines, if they stopped singing or dropped dead, the miners knew it was time to get their butts out of there)  Meaning, that things need to change.  We are the ones getting sick now, but eventually everyone will suffer. Just something to consider...  
So I have read this entire thread and want to share my experience.

I'm 30 years old and have been SUFFERING with chronic itching, peeling, cracking, blistering, oozing lips since I was 15-years-old. The only temporary relief I get is from Aquafor, which I'm completely obsessed with and have to have it by my side 24/7. I probably apply 20+ times per day.

I never had an allergy until I had a reaction to a HepB shot and very soon after got mono then developed what I thought were food allergies and maybe they are. I have had multiple allergy tests, skin *****, IgG, and even the ALCAT which shows I'm allergic to pretty much every food under the sun.

Daily, I use Aveeno and Neutrogena tinted moisturizer. I started using both @ around 16-years-old. I will cut them out and see if things improve. Will check in. I will be SO happy to find a cure for this. I don't think people realize how awful it is. Every single time I eat, my mouth blows up like a balloon and then oozes and weeps. Gross.
The problem is YEAST. Sugar feeds yeast. Stress, lack of sleep and for some sometimes  a change in hormonal levels (especially for women) plus YEAST overgrowth contributes to these problems. Try taking Diflucan or another medication  used to treat yeast. Also Tea Tree Oil and Vitamin E placed on affected areas help a great deal. (Tea Tree Oil has anti-fungal/ anti- bacterial properties). Reduce your stress, take the yeast medication and CHANGE YOUR DIET (eat some yogurt). Just be aware, taking a medication such as Diflucan and not changing your diet will do nothing. Anything that feeds yeast is what you need to monitor! Also, someone wrote something about their tongue having a mapped appearance.. that's geographical tongue... just another symptom of an overgrowth of yeast. Take a medication to treat yeast and watch your tongue clear right up and look a beautiful pink! Also, be sure to take your vitamins. You're probably deficient in Zinc or one of the B- vitamins. Be sure to take Vitamin C- that helps with overgrowth of yeast and take your multivitamin every day! Also, wash your pillow cases and get new makeup. Good luck!
THANK YOU.  You are completely right.  I have the eye and lip problems everyone is talking about so I took a Diflucan immediately after I read your post, 9 days ago.  The itching stopped completely, the skin flaked then began to look normal again within 2 days. Unfortunately, the problem is coming back.  I have been off sugar, bread, vinegar for 9 days now and I am taking probiotics (and eating yogurt and cottage cheese). I am also taking flax seed oil and drinking tons of water.  I am completely detoxing and just hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Is there an anti-fungal/anti-yeast cream I can put on my eyes and lips in the mean time???
I just re-read some of the posts above.  I am going to the dermatologist tomorrow morning and will ask him to prescribe me Ketoconazole and/or Chlorsig and Vanicream. Going into the dermatologist's office with a solution rather than a problem should be a welcome relief for him :)
Well, my dermatologist prescribed me the Ketoconazole hesitantly.  He believes this reaction is from me moving into a new office building a few months ago.  He could be right, considering my symptoms started a month after we moved in (to include some patches of eczema on my arm (and I haven't had eczema for 5 years).  I will keep you posted on my progress with the Ketoconazole. BTW, I'm using a layer of Ketoconazole with a layer of Aquaphor over it.
hi all
to cut a long story short (seeing as i wrote a long one but it didnt work :( )
for 7 months i have been battleling what has turned into chronic dermatitis.
im in oz so healthcare is more available and i have been to several doctors and 2 dermatologists.
i woke up one morning in winter with red circles around both eyes like a racoon.
the skin was all wrinkly and gross. looked old ( im 24 now was 23, female)
took prednisone and it came back worse. eventually it spread from my whole face down to my thighs and was especially red and raw and weeping on my neck and chest (thats not to say my face didnt look god awful because it did)
it was the most demoralising thing ive ever experienced and i have experienced alot in my life.

everyone kept asking if i was stressed which i suppose i was because i was so itchy! my skin leaked a weird smell too. now that i look back it smelt a bit like cloves and poison which is so relevant now that i know the cause:

the dermatologist did a patch test on my back of 40 something household chemicals/products. I was allergic to sunscreen and something else, but the most important allergy which sounds like you guys might have was to BALSAM OF PERU.

its in food and its in almost every skin/haircare product out there. look it up!
its a tree gum used to flavour or fragrance things.

think cinnamon, cloves, spices, any perfume or fragrance, lots of flavourings, curries :(

i was put on an immunosuppressant drug called cyclosporin which is similar to steroids but not so hardcore and its really helped "suppress" my symptoms. can only be on it for 6 months havent noticed any bad side effects they use it for psoriais amoung many other ailments. apparently when im off the meds my skin isnt going to be pretty i can see it coming through even though im on this stuff. but its really given me a life. without them i dont know what id do/ will do.

so this allergy i have to:

wash clothes in just hot water (its fine, doesnt smell)

avoid all sweets, chocolates, fizzy drinks, tonic water, bought juice (i drink soda water, straight juiced juice is ok but no citris! ) its in the flavourings and is serious i just drank lemonade stupidly last night and woke up with swollen eyes again.

use QV skin products NO products with fragrance. i use NUDE mineral makeup its perfect so glad i found it.

avoid any red sauces, spice, tomatoes, nutmeg, no curries, pizza, red pastas, no cakes or sweet baked goods or any vanilla flavourings they are really bad.

its SOOOOOO hard to avoid all of this for me, so hard. sometimes i notice if i do have some of this stuff or come in contact with fragrance, when im drying myself after a shower i can smell cloves, and THIS IS EXACTLY what BALSAM OF PERU is supposed to smell like!

avoid toothpaste too i brush with baking soda and water, i had massive rash around my mouth from this and using carmex which has vanilla flavouring in it.

:( im so sorry to hear that we all have this disability, it really is a disability. should have more help for it and doctors should care! life quality really does dwindle i couldnt go anywhere and when i did i felt as small as a bee yet as obvious as a blue elephant....

my next step is to be reallllllly strict, i have been able to drink on the cyclosporin and im young and i stupidly have still be drinking vodka. i need my liver to repair and so yeah healthy diet completely is my next step.
at least im losing weight :S
The Ketoconazole chemically burned my skin!  I know now, without a doubt, that it is my BRAND NEW OFFICE BUILDING that is causing my reaction on my eyes and lip, as well as the eczema on my arm.  My boss has since started breaking out in eczema as well because she has sensitive skin.  (My office building is brand new, so everything is off-gassing and we are not allowed to open the windows.  This is TOXIC.)  

MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED; I hope you will take a second look at your home or your place of business as the potential cause.
OK...here I am, going on 62 and all of a sudden I get the itchy face and swollen puffy skin from the eyes to the bottom of my neck and I wake up looking like the Marshmallow WOMAN!!!  YIKES!!

I have been reading all the posts here...I might be totally wrong, but let's look at this.

I noticed my swollen face AFTER I moved from a suburb of Chicago to a FARM community.  I first experienced this AFTER the first new crops were being planted!!!  I blamed it on the fertilizer dust that was blowing ALL OVER THE PLACE!!

But then everything was planted, growing and I periodically would get the swollen puffy morning reaction and would want to itch the first layer off my face!!!  I also had an incredibly red layer of blood coming to the surface of the shins of my legs!!!  Very scarry and I was miserable.

I did the same thing that you ALL have done, threw everything out, used vaseline because it was the only thing that seemed to help and never associated air, food or water with this at all.

Then AGAIN, for no reason at all, my morning face appears again...I was really stumped...what in the world is going on???  HORMONES!!!!!!!!  My menopause hasn't reared it ugly head in 5 or 6 years...now what??

AND then I though, THAT is just what it is...It is our world.  The air, water and food that we eat...well of course you're not going to quit breathing, drinking water or eating food...

BUT!!!!!!!  The air if full of chemicals, the water is more polluted now from run off fertilizers and the food we eat is covered with it.

I can't quit breathing, but I got a water filter that filters everything and connects to the sink faucet and I also bought one for the shower head too...after only 3 days this change, the redness on my face decreased and the itch went away!!!

I am drinking the water, peeling all my fruit that has flesh that I would normally eat and I haven't had a reaction for the longest time...I would say about 2 and 1/2 months or so.

NOW I am following this new healthy eating program that I saw on tv and completely forgot about being real diligent about peeling my apples and washing the grapes and WA-LA!!  Friday morning I woke up with a slightly PUFFY and RED face!!!!!!!   AS REBA WOULD SAY  --  KKRRRAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!

I never stopped drinking the filtered water.  I did go out and buy some mason jars for water transportation though.  I even thought that maybe the old water bottles (plastic) I using over and over (kept them to keep them out of the landfill) maybe they were getting old and breaking down or something and I needed a new water carrier of some kind.  SOOOOO, mason jars it was!! Works great and I have gotten rid of plastic in my whole world for EVERYTHING!!!  I use the larger mason jars for refrigerator and freezer storage, too.  Works great!!

For my itch, in the past I have used Lanacaine cream, original strength, for Itch and irritation plus it is Anti-Bacterial and IT IS WONDERFUL!!!  Moisturizes, stops the itch on contact, and has a 1-800 number on the box if you have questions.  NO I DO NOT WORK FOR LANACAINE...I have been searching for ONE whole year for itch relief...and after buying everything there was on Wal-marts shelves, this is the only thing that worked for me.

This process of eliminating the chemical fertilizers in my life has been the only thing that has STOPPED THE ITCH.  I also went to my health food store and purchased a whole body cleanse product just to see if that helped too....on the 4th or 5th day, I was a new person.  I even lost about a pound a day.

Well, that's all I have for now.  I really hope this helps someone out there.  Good Luck everyone and God Bless....
Patty the Cleaning Lady
I am patmaus 8 at comcast dot net
I get very dry, cracked lips and the edge of my lips turn red and irritated. They hurt so bad and scab and peel. They also get cold sores all the time. I also get dry patches of skin all the time. My eyebrows itch along with most of my body.

I figured out it was my shampoo. I had to cut out any sodium or sulfates in my shampoo, conditioner, face cleaners etc. It takes it away but it is so hard to find a shampoo with out these ingredients.

I am not a vegetarian. I do have MS. So I am not sure if having MS has something to do with it. This allergy developed out of nowhere.
I had a swollen flaky itchy red eyelid on my left side only and severly chapped lips.  Turns out I had a reaction to the laundry detergent that was used to wash my pillow case. I always sleep on my left side which explains why it was only on that side.
Reading this with interest.  I have not, to my knowledge, ever been allergic to anything, and I turn 54 this month. However, I have psoraisis and the dermas have been useless.  I also have outrageous "dermatitis" in my scalp -- not just flakes, but huge chunks of stuf f(ish!) and also, constant sloughing off of skin behind my ears (in sheets like tissue paper) and "dermatitis" inside my ears, too. Dermas, again have been useless -- prescribed all kinds of stuff, none of it has worked.  What HAS worked better than any of the shampoos or ointments is TEA TREE SHAMPOO. I read this as a suggestion -- and Trad'r Joe's has a tea tree/peppermint shampoo (very inexpensive).  I bought it, and added a lot more tea tree oil which you cn easily buy.  It seems to "glue" the sales to my head better than anything I've found.  I have felt for 5+ years that something "systemic" is going on -- but typical GP (with no training in nutrition, and only taught to name it and prescribe for it) pooh-pooh'ed this.  Probably because he's known me for 15 years and I'm slim, healthy, low blood pressure, low cholesterol, very healthy.  but my skin has aged about 10 years in the last year...and I do feel like I hae thought floating around in my head...and wish I could catch one and "land" it.  Well, two things:  I read about the "yeast" (candida) -- and started taking probiotics a few months ago.  IT's about 20 for a box of Jarrow brand, so not expensive and "they can't hurt"... my mom and aunts and grandmother had what they called 'sour stomach" -- I have always been able to eat anything.  For the past few days, the psoraisis spots on the front of my calves and below my elbows have been much better...but today I have it on my face (at least it's gone from my eyelids -- THAT is painful!)    I have alwas been a big fan of peanut butter...and eatne a lot of it in every possible form.  But lately, I've begun suspecting...so I changed to Sunflower butter (delicious! Can get it at Trad'r Joe's...)  Today, my admin handed me a Reese's peanut butter cup.  I hadn't eaten anything for a couple of hours and 10 minute later -=- bingo!  Lips, eyes and face are burning.  I'm stunned -- why this should come on at this late point in my life, I don't know.  I was even tested 3 years ago for food allergies --and peanuts caused no reaction!   One other thing: Living in San Francisco means there are some excellent traditional Chinese medicine practitioners here (including some taught at the huge, modern TCM hospital in Beijing).  I went to a woman who has an excellent reputation doing integrated holistic therapies (nutrition, acupuncture, massage).  I was so annoyed, saying how I'd tried to tell my doc 5 years ago that something was "systemically" wrong.  She was very calm then said that doctors do not have ANY training in nutrition, so I'm talking to the wrong person.  she said it would be like asking her to do surgery -- she doesn't know anything about it.  I later spoke with a friend who is a doctor and he said what she said was abolutely true -- that they had had ONE WEEK on nutrition in all of med school (and HOW many weeks on pharmacology????)
I have had exactly the same symptoms for the past three months. They came up out of the blue and are DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I am 20 years old, have always had asthma and hayfever, am allergic to wheat and dust mites and all the usual things such as grass etc..! But I have just started blowing up for no good reason!

I have an idea that it might be pumpkin - has anyone else been eating pumpkin?!

I have been to the doctor - a lot! And he says my symptoms (swollen eye lids and lips) are typical of a food or medication allergy. I have an appointment with an Immunologist in August so hopefully he will be able to help me!

My doctor has tried as hard as he can to keep me off steroids because I am on prednisone enough for my asthma, I don't want to take any more of it! But I know it would help, so the next flare up I get I will be put onto cortisone. But everyone talking about steroids is right - they only mask the symptoms, they're only a temporary 'feel good' thing and can't be taken for long periods of time because they're bad for you!!

Lately my bottom lip has started swelling as well and my doctor has expressed concern that it may be getting worse and I need to monitor for signs of anaphylaxis... argh!

I don't wear any makeup, don't put moisturiser or any products on my face. It has happened in many different envioronments - house sitting, at home, down the coast, at a friend's place etc... so I don't think it is environmental in the way of dust etc...

If anyone has any more ideas please let me know! Otherwise, if I remember, I'll post back once I've seen the Immunologist and hopefully I'll have some break-through treatment to share!
I've posted several times as I find out more information.  Bottom line is that the peeling, cracked, bleeding, swollen skin on your face is from contact, (not something you ingested), or it would be a rash and show up in delicate areas like your stomach or buttocks.

Parabens are in almost everything, including makeup.  It is even in facial powder and eyeshadow, (not to mention liner, lipstick, mascara, shampoo, etc.).  Avoid parabens.

Isothiazolinone, (including methyl- and chloro).  These are in laundry detergents, hand soaps, etc.  This is a preservative to keep the liquids from microbes.

And lastly, I avoid benzoates when I can because it is also a preservative but I'm not as careful about this one.

I am not hormonal, (had radical hysterectomy when I was 31).  I do believe the body goes crazy when it is toxic and you need to cut everything as much as possible.  

I use neutrogena glycerine bar soap, (found in makeup remover aisle in Target), to wash my hands and face.  I hate the natural food store shampoos so I buy what I want for my hair, making sure it doesn't get on my face and then washing my face with the neutrogena last at the end of my shower.  I use only powder laundry soap and bounce dryer sheets.  I found makeup very sporadically at Target & Walmart, (like PARABEN and isothiazolinone-freeTarget eye shadow, Almay makeup, etc. but they are all being discontinued one-by-one because nobody purchases them).  I have just ordered Bare Minerals makeup, (expensive but what else can a person do), that is free from these chemicals.

If you have any questions on what to use, send me an email.  I only come on here every few months but you can email me at lindag333@hotmail if you like and I would be more than happy to help you out.  I have done EXTENSIVE research on this subject and have been free of these symptoms for 1 1/2 years!!!!  (I suffered for 12 years.)  Not a sign of irritation after changing all of my products one-by-one!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!
yea i only get a swollen eye when ever im like skateboarding or running outside plus then that's when my allergy kicks in. but its only my left i that gets swollen never the right eye. i do take Allegra Allergy helps with my runny nose but im not sure if it helps with my swollen left eye. i have one of the worst allergy's ever which really *****. MY LIFE lol yea but does anyone know why my left eye gets swollen whenever i do stuff like that?  
I tried to read through all the comments here but did not see anyone mention SJOGREN'S SYNDROME.

I've come to believe that this syndrome is what I suffer from and it sounds like many of you may too. Apparently the medical community is not really aware of this problem, and I suspect that it is not as rare as the doctors may think. It strkes women primarily and has wide ranging symptoms of dryness on the body and in some internal organs. Itchy, dry, blistery, puffy, cracking lips are my biggest problem, along with dry facial patches, dry eye, periodic heartburn, fatigue, dizzyness. If you haven't found a source to your problem and Sjogren's hasn't been ruled out by a derm or your regular physician, you may want to be tested for it.

My naturopathic doc helped me to understand also that besides food allergies, food sensitivities can cause any number of problems and are often a sort of "delayed reaction" days later, and manifest in and on your body in strange ways. On top of that and the daily chemical bombardment we all deal with, the ELECTROMAGNETIC stuff we all now use every day, not to mention the microwave, (which modifies the molecular structure of food and "kills" the vitamins) they all cause a variety of physical ailments.

I am not a doctor, but I have come through a long life of searching for answers to medical problems that began more than thirty years ago and I have lost faith in western medicine. I figure it can't hurt to eliminate the bad and try to go natural in finding solutions to your health problems.

Good luck to everyone in finding a solution to their own problem, and please keep sharing when you have success with something!
hi, im 14 years old and i have the same symptoms. itchy eyes dry chap lips that are constantly itchy, and usage of lip balm. i think what the problem is the skin disorder exzima. its like allergies on steriods. it makes my lips swollen and red all over and my eyes are so sensative. what i do for make up is that i wash my face w/ this face cleanser that says morning blast and its makes your face feel cool after. then i apply chapstick AROUND my lips and apply concealer or press powder on the red spots. i take bendryll and its seems to work but im not guarenteeing it will go away forever its just an improvment.
I posted about my skin condition nearly a year ago.  My skin sensitivities have been heightened this past year just because of my exposure to VOCs in my office building a year ago. (Although my reactions are nothing like they were when I was working in the building.)  I went to an acupuncturist/herbalist for 4 months and it didn't seem to help.  I am now working with a CNC (certified nutrition consultant?) and she is saving my life.  These four books have answered all of my questions:  Digestive Wellness by Lipski, Healing Psoriasis by Pagano, I was Poisoned by My Body by Gilbere, and Chemical Sensitivity (a Keats Health Guide).  If you read these books, follow the recommendations and find a good alt-health doctor I guarantee you will not need to search for answers to your skin issues on message boards like these ever again.  My CNC cured herself from fibromyalgia.  As you will read in Digestive Wellness, everything is connected to the gut.  Our inflammatory issues are all likely from something called Leaky Gut Syndrome (even if you have never had a stomach/bowel issue in your life, like me).  This inflammation causes everything from food allergies and migraines to eczema/psoriasis/arthritis, lupus and fibromyalgia.  Our bodies are unable to filter out toxins like other people's so they are literally coming out of our skin. There is also evidence that we are unable to absorb vitamins and minerals like other people so your diet is so important.  There is hope and there are answers to be found in so many books on leaky gut and eczema. MDs will not be able to help you; they only treat the symptoms.  The steroids they give to treat the symptoms make leaky gut worse, which further toxifies your body and prolongs your recovery. All pharmaceuticals, for that matter, are treated as toxins in your body, therefore birth control pills are one of the main causes of LGS...you can read about it in Digestive Wellness.  I never had eczema and inflamed hands and feet until I started taking birth control at 19. I took b.c. until I was 30 (I'm 32 now) so I have a lot of recovering to do.  If you want to get well, you are not alone, and you can do it by detoxifying and taking pure supplements a CNC/alt medicine doc recommends for you.  I wish everyone my best.  
HERE IS HOW I GOT MY ECZYMA ON MY EYELIDS AND LIPS UNDER CONTROL!

FOLLOW EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE AND I'M SURE IT WILL HELP!

1) Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic from Trader Joes)

I found this on the website listed below and I believe it has helped.  First you pour two table spoons of the Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup,.  Then add 1/4 of a tablespoon of baking soda (to neutralize the acid VERY IMPORTANT).  Allow the baking soda to stop fizzing and then add two cups of water.  It will gross you out slightly at first but you will get used to it.  Drink it SLOWLY do not chug!  Drink it over roughly 3-5minutes.  Do this TWO times a day.

2) STOP PUTTING CREAMS ON YOUR EYELIDS

Did you ever put any creams or steroids on your eyelids before this problem?  THEN STOP NOW!

3) STOP ITCHING YOUR EYELIDS!!!!!!!!

I cannot stress this enough.  I know it may drive you insane, want to punch your partner/ neighboring coworker, but YOU MUST STOP ITCHING!  Ice packs from walgreens/cvs with a towel wrapped around them will help with the temporarily out of control itching.  If unavailable, goto the sink and rinse cold cold water on them.  Make sure your hands are clean and just splash, do NOT rub!

4) Eyelid Hygeine- Wash with Johnson + Johnson Baby Shampoo

Take a shot glass/small cup and pour a dime sized amount of J&J Baby shampoo into it.  Mix with equal parts water to dilute and stick your CLEAN hands into the cup,  VERY GENTLY rub your eyelids back and forth (horizontally on the eyelashes).  Allow it to sit for 10-20 seconds and then rinse with VERY COLD water.  THIS WILL REDUCE ITCHINESS IMMENSELY!  Very important!

After you have done this, grab two slices of previously refrigerated and washed ORGANIC cucumber and place them on your eyes.  This will MOISTURIZE naturally and avoid any moisturizers with irritants in them.

5) Stop washing your face with cleansers and if you can, do not moisturize.  If you work, take a friday off and if you must shower, use just water to wash your face.  (I believe the natural oils in your body will begin to help moisturize your skin).  Wash your body and hair with Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo.  Moisturize your body with Aveeno if you have no allergies to it, but try to leave your face free of moisturizes, especially your eyes!

6) Get a semi-decent Humidifier, do not spend more than 50$.  Take it everywhere you go if possible and it will help to keep your body moist inside and out.

7)  Hot Compresses on Your Eyelids.

Boil some water on the stove and allow it to cool slightly.  Dip a clean paper towel inside the water and test the heat on your hand.  If it is too hot, wait a few seconds and then test again.  When it is hot, but not too hot to burn, place it on your eyelids and apply VERY slightly pressure.  When the rag cools, dip it in the water, making sure its not too hot to burn, and close one eye.  Watching with your open eye, rub the hot towel along the eyelash area of the closed eye.  Again, VERY LITTLE PRESSURE.  When you are done, reapply the cucumber slices as mentioned above.

8)  PROBIOTICS TO THE RESCUE

Goto Whole Foods (or a health store) and get yourself some high quality probiotics.  I take one pill 30-45 minutes after dinner each night and let it do its magic over night.

9) STOP EATING BREAD + MEAT

I'm no vegan/vegitarian/pesciatrian, but for one week I gave my digestive system a break.  I stopped eating meat (especially beef) and bread (I never realized how much bread we eat on a daily basis) for an entire week.  IT IS NOT THAT HARD AND YOUR BODY WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT.

After 3-5 days you WILL notice a difference and in my case I was nearly 100% in one week.

(http://writen4u.hubpages.com/hub/Ill-have-the-eczema-and-a-side-of-vinegar)
10) CHANGE YOUR LAUNDRY DETERGENT

STOP USING HIGH EFFICIENCY (HE) DETERGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Whole foods and Grab their PLANET Ultra Powered Laundry Detergent.  It has VERY little, and very natural ingredients in it, with NO FRAGRANCES (AVOID FRAGRANCES LIKE THE PLAGUE).  

11) CHANGE YOUR HANDSOAP

Use barsoap and if possible, Tom's natural handsoap, it has worked for me.
I drink wine which turns into sugar and sugar promotes candidia yeast in the intestines. I take   NOW Brand Candidia Clear 2-3 times a day depending on how much alcohol or carbs I've consumed. I also take Syntol  (probiotic)
keep your colon lean and the yeast will be in control.
It works
Dear All:
I have been suffering with these symptoms for going on four years.   I am convinced the source is viral, not an allergic reaction.  That aside, here is how I have coped with the symptoms:

Lips:   Carmex.  Seems slightly more effective than Aquafor... but you have to deal with the slightly medicinal taste/smell.
Eyes:  Pataday.  It's an allergy relief drop.  Very effective, and my eye doc says you can use it pretty much indefinitely.  If the irritation is not too bad, though, I use Systane wetting drops instead. (I get the vials, without preservatives.  You can recap the vials and use it over the course of a day.)
Red skin:  Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Night Crème.  Amazing stuff.  I don't know what's in it, but it quickly calms down irritation.  Another choice is Triple Paste.

My daughter gets itchy, dry skin, particular in the winter.  Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Itch-Relief Treatment seems to help with that.

Miscellaneous other symptoms/components of the syndrome:   flaky skin behind the ears/in the ears; thicker, waxy skin on upper back/shoulders; cracked skin on pads of fingers (sometimes);   sensitive skin on sides of neck  (it's tough to wear a tie now).  In general, it seems like my skin is more sensitive & prone to irritation.      I have also seen my daughters get a sore on the back of their neck, right about where a necklace would rest.  (They don't wear necklaces.)

IMHO this is a new virus that has not been identified by the medical community yet.      

Good luck to fellow sufferers.
Hi all. I have read most of these comments and I can see that I have not been alone in my problem.

I am from New Zealand but I spend 3 months each year in America. I have always had slight allergies while there but never anything I couldnt handle. Last year though, while in America,  I got hit with a very severe allergy - serious racoon eyes, itchy, red, puffy and bad enough that I wore sunglasses for weeks everywhere I went!  And very itchy sore puffy lips. I was utterly miserable. I was prescribed prednisone but as soon as I went off it the allergies came back.  Then, three weeks before I was due to leave America and return to New Zealand, I was prescribed enough prednisone to get me back to NZ. After I returned to NZ and finished the prednisone the allergies returned in a much milder and bearable form and after a month they went away completely. I am now back to my normal mild allergies and for months have not had a recurrance of what I had in America.

I didn't change my skin or makeup products throughout this allergy period. I am still using what I was using when I developed this allergy and have no reaction to any of it.  

I suspect there is something in the air or the water or the food or the cleaning products in America that is causing this. I actually blamed it on black mold that was in the house I was staying in but I was never sure if it was that. The key thing is that it appears that whatever I reacted to in America is not present in my New Zealand environment. I  will be returning to America this year and when I do I am hoping and praying this problem doesn't return. Will keep you posted!
Hi everyone - I'm so glad I found this thread.

My problems started literally overnight back at the beginning of December - severely swollen red eyes and unbearable itchiness, and extremely sore, dry, cracked skin all around my eyes  (the dry top lip has only started within the last couple of weeks).  I went to the docs who prescribed antibiotics for conjunctivitis.  Naturally these didn't help at all and the problem steadily got worse until one eye was swollen to such an extent that it was shut tight.  

I'm lucky that I work close to Moorfields Eye hospital so after a couple more unsuccessful visits to my doctor I took a trip to the Eye hospital A&E - they immediately diagnosed the problem as allergic rather than bacterial and prescribed steroid and antihistamine drops as well as diprobase cream and hydrocortisone cream to help with the skin irritation around my eyes.  This did help slightly but by no means solved the problem completely.

It's now been three months and the steroids are becoming less and less effective and I'm miserable!  I have an appointment with an allergy doctor on Thursday next week - I had to be a bit aggressive with my GP to get her to refer me but eventually she agreed, and I've had to wait eight weeks to get my appointment.  I've been told to come off all my medication for a week prior to the appointment so they can get a good picture of the effects so I'm off the steroids now and am struggling to cope with the pain and discomfort - I'm just gonna have to grit my teeth and bear it until Thursday.

Also, when I went into work today I burst into tears infront of my boss because it all got a bit too much for me (that's the first time anyone at work has seen me cry and I think it surprised me just as much as it surprised everyone else!) -  I think my boss now realises just how badly this is affecting me mentally in addition to the obvious physical effects - so he did the most amazing thing:  He's paid for me to go on the firm's private medical insurance policy so now I have an appointment with one of the UK's leading allergy specialists next Friday afternoon!  I still can't believe how lucky I am to have such an amazing boss!

So anyway - now I have two appointments with allergy doctors, one on Thursday and one on Friday (I'm not going to cancel the NHS appointment - some people might think that's selfish of me but I'm so desperate to find a solution to this, I want to see as many doctor's as possible!).  I promise I'll come back and let you all know what happens - all your posts have been so helpful to me, I really hope I can come back here with some encouraging news.

I've been taking notes as I've been reading all the posts so I'll be going to the docs armed with all sorts of ideas for possible causes/treatments!

Take care everyone - here's hoping we all get our problems sorted out soon!

Medicine that works!
I have had the same problems as others: itchy,peeling, crusty lips and eyelids.  I tried using my eczema meds on my eyelids  which made things worse!  Prescription eczema creams designed for legs/hands are way too strong to use on eyelids and the lip area.  After a week on a strong antibiotic prescribed by my Dr (who said I would need to be on it for 2 months!), nothing improved and I went to a dermatologist.  He prescribed meds which helped immediately: Protopic (tacrolimus ointment).  I also try to avoid certain foods (pineapple) that seems to cause the itchy lips. If my lips/eyelids start feeling itchy, I apply just a little Protopic and it clears things up right away.  I wear very little make-up now to avoid flare-ups but can get away with wearing Almay products.  The dermatologist suggested Vanicream Moisterizing Skin Cream for my face (Vanicream makes a sunscreen as well) and Dove soap.  I  also avoid all things that have added fragrance, including laundry detergent.  Every so often I have to switch to Free and Clear Hair products because my scalp will get itchy bumps/scabs from regular hair products. Hope this info helps.  
Dove soap has fragrance (parfum) as an ingredient. I strongly recommend you discontinue use and stick to cetaphil wash, especially with your reactions!

INGREDIENTS IN DOVE SOAP ARE: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Slearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Aqua Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Parfum, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alumina, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.....

I use protopic and locoid for my lips and eye lids and it helps a lot.  Yesterday I went to another dermatologist ( I have been through 3 allergy testing including patch test of my make up and products) and she told me nail polish and gold! She also gave me a shot of prenisone.  No one has even said anything about this.  It has been a frustration as no one can figure anything out!  I will see if this helps!
I'm glad that I found this forum and can relate to most of you and your symptoms.  I have the super itchy, dry, peeling lips. My eyes itch terribly (especially on the eyelid of my right eye).  I also get the red and dry patches of skin above and below my lips.  I didn't go see any doctors so far hoping that these symptoms were seasonal and will go away, but they haven't! (it's been almost two months now, not that long compared to some of you guys).  Anyways, my aunt noticed the skin around my lips and she made me try a steroid cream called Mometasone Furoate.  Her daughter had dry itchy patches of skin all around her body (apparently an allergy to dust mites).  The cream healed all of her skin.  For me, I tried it around my lips for two days and seemed to have improved A LOT.  I'm skeptical to try it on my lips and around my eyes as these are sensitive areas.  
Like many of you I wonder what really is or are the causes of these symptoms?  Is it environmental?  Or can it be internal, hormonal, health, stress related?  Does it vary from person to person?  
I live in NYC, but when I went to Vermont for 4 days, I noticed that my skin improved dramatically...lips and eyes were not crazy itching or peeling, and all around skin was ok too.  I took the steroid cream with me just in case and I didn't even have to use it!  A day or two I come back to NY and immediately started to feel the difference, especially on my lips!  They were starting to crack, itch, etc, etc.  Over in Vermont I was using the same lip balm and make up and nothing happened.  It is frustrating to not know what causes these problems, but I will try some of the things that you guys mentioned above.  Thanks for sharing and take care everyone!  
Thank you for your very informative post. I have been on a gluten-free, dairy-free, no eggs, no peanuts diet for the last two months and have seen great improvement on my usually swollen itchy flaky eyelids and upper lips.
Yesterday was my son's 2 year old birthday and I ate cupcakes and drank white wine. Woke up with a big fat lip and itchy everywhere.
Time to go back on the diet, and I'll check out the products you(DeeDeeBee) mention in your post.
I'm working with a homeopathic doctor in NYC who's approach is mainly dietary. Anyone have anyone else in NYC they recommend, allergists, dermatologists, etc? I would love to be able to narrow in on and identify specific triggers.
So frustrated and at the end of my rope with this condition. Thanks.
Hello Dear,

So interesting to read all the columns on allergies,as I also have  developed a sort,that cannot be identified.  No allergy test done  yet,as I still believe to find reactants in my surroundings....must be the citrus fruit,as we are living amongst these heavenly  bushes .I  do live by trial and error...and somehow still cannot trace the allergy by name. sudden Swollen lips,blistering and scabby  healing within 14 days ...just to trigger off again. My sister from OS has commented on blood type and diet allergies,but in my poorer country,we have to rely on ,what comes on the table. BUT  crede Coconut Oil  used externally and internally may help to de -acidify the body. Hands and wrists blistering,extreme with itchyness maybe to  contact dermatities or is it the allergy to acids ? and only ointment Hydrogalen can calm the impulse to scratch and spread .How can I obtain a list of foof-stuff to identify it's acidity ?
Hello Dear,

I', m still thinking of food allergies,for all of us  , as when I leave home base,I feel comfortable with surroundings,no itching and so,but when it is home time again,all symptoms revert to negative... :-(
I imagine it may be the diet we eat elsewhere ??
I have the same questions like you: environment.pets,food,bedding,immune system..etc...it can be anything to trigger. Keep your emergency cream at times with you...
When I was young (middle school age) I remember having a terrible lip rash that they diagnosed as a yeast infection.

At about high school age eczema appeared after my mom switched laundry detergents. I experienced a rash after going into the ocean in the bahamas around this age as well. I was diagnosed with an allergy to fragrance and avoided all cosmetics and laundry detergent with added fragrance and this cleared the problem.

In my early 20's I started having and upset stomach after dairy, sometimes it was extremely sudden. Also, my lips would itch after tomato, and citrus. The same with melons except that the back of my tongue would itch as well. I was diagnosed with environmental allergies, grass, pollen, dust mites...as well as food allergies. Soy and dairy caused stomach issues where as tomatoes, citrus, melons caused lip or tongue reactions. Tomatoes pretty much gave me swollen, almost scabby lips. Extreme discomfort.

In my late 20's I was able to start eating tomatoes and citrus again with NO reaction. Still afraid to try melons because of the tongue itch. Started to eat dairy again. Some cheeses caused less upset then others. Any boyfriend I had had to switch to fragrance free detergent and soap or it would cause discomfort and/or infections.

Now at age 31...started with a patch of eczema on inside of elbow after a trip to the beach a few months ago. Then I started getting small red bumps (tiny pimple like on arms, stomach, under chest and back) This turned into eczema patches. Along with this came the lip issue again, as well as burning around eyes, with red rashes. This occurs on and off on my neck and shoulders as well. I went to med express and they gave me a oral steroid which cleared it up quickly but it made me moody and very anxious. It was terrible. Since then I have had skin tests done for environmental factors and blood work for foods.

Results:
- dust mites, grass, pollen, 3 molds, trees, ragweed
-wheat.
ALL of my previous food allergies tested negative. The allergist did give me an interesting list of foods that coincide with evironmental allergies. Such as ragweed and tomatoes. Apparently these foods contain the same or similar proteins and the weed and can cause reactions as well.

This Wheat allergy is quite an adjustment. I had a flat bread last night and woke up with blisters on my lips and a rashy eye. I have to start a strict diet to see if the symptoms go away.

I have learned that this is all a process of elimination. A frustrating one. It is hard for me to believe that it is JUST the wheat all of a sudden causing this reaction. I did just move into a new apartment a month before this, AND then a boyfriend moved in with me a month later. SO many factors.

I wish everyone well with finding the cause of their reactions and I will try to post again when I figure out more triggers.

p.s  A journal helps. Record food and environments daily.
Before my skin issue was out of control, i saw a legitimate psychic.   She said "when you get around it quitting milk will really help you".For 4 months i had the same eye and lip problem.  Somehow I never connected my skin problem to milk (I probably didn't want to quit ice cream and cheese).  So when I finally decided to quit milk my skin irritation totally went away.  It only comes back when I mistakenly eat something with milk.  Try eliminating all dairy for a few days to see what happens.  My symptoms went away with a couple of days of stopping all milk.  
I have read all these posts in attempt to find the reason for my own red itchy scaly eyes and lips. i have had this going on for more than a month and i have realized some patterns. it seems as though we have been getting it in the winter months while under huge amounts of stress. our immune systems are down and the cold virus is out. I have tried vaselines and antibiotics but they didn't help. i eventually tried natural methods and they seemed to work the best. i would use flax seed oil for under my eyes and areas around my forehead throughout the day. for my lips the best remedy was rapeseed honey in the morning and again at night. the lips will get a tingly sensation and the honey will melt a little bit. it went down significantly. now an old Indian man told me to use lysine+ for my face as that has more antiviral herbs in it and i look and feel like my old self :) i also am keeping my immune system up and eating right. good luck.
Just realized your post was 2011!  Wonder how you are doing today?  I also am early 60's and got this thing for the first time in my life about one month ago.

My symptoms: dry patchy, itchy, red around the eyes, neck and upper chest, lips that felt like cold sores developing all over them (I had cold sores since I was in my 20's dues to stress), then burning, itching and dry, and eventually peeling, also had heavy rash on my shins of my legs in the beginning but that seems to have cleared up and it's just the eyes, lips & down the laugh lines of my face.  I look like a 95 year old lady!!!

When it first occurred I woke up and my lips were swollen and my eyes were puffy, red & itching.
I  live in California and thought it was the dry winter air at first. I went to a doctor and they gave me stearoids to take for 6 days and Benadryl which  seemed to ease the rash for a couple of days but then it came back and has been coming and going for the past month to 6 weeks.  

I decided I needed to do something radical as my diet had been bad and I was eating a lot of fried food, chocolate, cookies, sugar for a long time and so went on a 4 day liver flush/cleanse and it all went away and my skin looked beautiful for a couple of days then it started all over again.  

Mind you I have stayed on a very healthy diet since the cleanse and have stopped eating chocolate, cookies, sugar, dairy products, and significantly reduced my wheat consumption (so hard because I love my toast/bread/pasta/sweets, etc.). I will try eliminating all the "yeast promoting" foods and see if that helps.

Other than a sulfur allergy that I have had for years I have always been very healthy. I have always avoided any products with sulfites, shampoos, conditioners, body wash etc., and red wine (unless it's made with organic grapes). I exercise by swimming, dancing, yoga, and I meditate regularly.

After reading all the posts what I'm resonating with most is the YEAST overload, the HORMONAL changes (or lack of them to help immunity) , not to mention STRESS.  It sure is a mystery and is also driving me crazy because I don't want to go out and socialize.

I have to mention for the record that I have done Pranic Healing classes and although I have not been practicing much I decided on the day I began the liver cleanse to do a session.  The next day I felt better and the rash cleared up but of course it's been coming and going since.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and I hope we will get to the bottom of this eventually.

Blessings & love,
JC

I just wanted to add that I had this realization ; I think we would all agree that these are all some type of allergy - doesn't really matter to what, whether it be food, environmental, chemicals or whatever but taking it to the next level I ask the question: Why are we suddenly allergic to these things we were not allergic to before, and came up with the answer "Because our immune systems have weakend and we can't combat these irritants any more".  I believe we need to strengthen our immune systems.  On that note I also believe that high sugar refined carbohydrate diet creates yeast infestation and lowers our resistance.
As I said earlier I am in the process of cleansing my system and reducing yeast promoting foods.  It's only been a couple of weeks but my rash is in a waning stage at present.  I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Any other ideas on strengthing the immune system?

I feel for all you - take care.
JC
I'm back and am embarassed to admit that I have discovered the cause of the rash (see my previous posts).  I have known for years that I am allergic to sodium lauryl sulfate and am shocked to find out it was in my toothpaste.  I did check the tube and it only showed the "active ingredients" with fluoride, however when I was at the store recently I checked the box and there it was; "Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate".  I immediately stopped using and the rash has gone.
I now make my own toothpast with baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and coconut oil.
Good luck to all of you.

I am miserable...get a itchy,tingly feeling in scalp,lips,tongue throat and random area on my body.A breakout on shoulder and center of back...I know I have allergies but nothing showed up on tests...corners of eyes and end of my nose is driving me nuts.Claratin helped for maybe 4 hours with some of the symptoms.My ears feel hot at some times and I walk around in a fog.From not getting any sleep.
I recommend going to a rheumatologist and getting blood work done. I think it has to do with autoimmune disorders of some form or fashion.
I've been having the same issues for the last couple of months and thought maybe I was finally suffering from "spring allergies", but it is still happening.
I notice it occurs when I drink alcohol (especially red wine) and when I get sun or that combo. Not good with summer coming.  Am still trying to figure out the actual cause and plan on going back to my rheumatologist after my vacation to check on my psoriatic arthritis and lupus status....
Sorry to read about the sufferers, but glad I am not alone and crazy!
I am 47 years old and never had an allergy, eat right, exercise...etc. I began having an "eye allergy" last Oct. 2012 in one eye and then reoccurring in March 2013 in both eyes. Started out so red and dry and seemed worse when driving through rural areas and times of stress. The eyes are now not as deep red and watery but rather itchy and now the entire area around the eye has become a problem. Nighttime is when it rears its ugly head with severe itching and comes on all at once. As soon as it seems to be healing it flares up again yet worse each time. It had now spread to my lips, chin and a little of my neck area under the chin. I do believe that it is an immune system problem and a result of an underlying health problem and stress makes it worse yet. I have been dealing with kidney stones and the stress issues would get anyone. All within a year in this order, Lost my mom, got a divorce moved 1200 miles away from family, fell in love, got my heartbroken all the while looking for employment. Yay. I now have a job and I work online thank you God because I am so hideous I just can't imagine having to work with the public. I haven't even gone to the gym in two weeks because the redness and swelling is so bad. I would like more info on the Kenalog shot. I need to be able to get out and enjoy life and any break by a shot would be so welcomed.
Has anyone ever found out any information about this??  I am 20 years old and i have been having eye problems for 2 years.  When it first started i had a viral conjunctivitis which i was put on steroids for.  Even after that was cleared up i was still on steroids for about 3 months because of the swelling of my eye.  For a few months my eyes were fine and then my eyes became swollen red dry and itchy.  I would also get a lip rash and really dry lips.  I used make up to cover it for a few months until my skin was so dry that make up wouldnt go on even anymore because of the dryness.  I went to both the regular doctors and the eye doctors and they both had no idea what was wrong.  I then went to a dermatologist which diagnosed me with contact dermatitis.  She prescribed Fluticasone Prop 0.005% Ointment for my lip rash and also TobraDex eye ointment for my eye lids.  The rash cleared up within a few days.  I stopped using the medicine and also continued to not wear make up.  After a few weeks i went back to wearing makeup but an all natural one this time.  After a few days the rash was back so i stopped using make up all together.  I havent wore makeup for 3 months now.  I switched my soap to dove for sensitive skin as suggested by my dermatologist.  The last few weeks my eyes have been getting worse.  I started using the medicine again that i was prescribed but it does not treat the symptoms anymore and i dont know what to do. any suggestions??  
Hi Hampus,

I've read through many of the comments here and found yours to be one of the most helpful. There seems to be some commonalities amongst us, but with so much information it gets quickly confusing. I like how you've tried to summarize things.

I wonder if there is some way we could all fill out a survey, does anyone have any expertise in this area, in terms of the types of questions we should be asking (with the goal being to discover things that my be common to all of us). i.e. are we all women, a certain age, certain similar exposures, North American, white?

I'm new to this forum and don't know how they work necessarily. If someone posts a comment do they automatically see all follow up comments?

Here's a few things I've gathered after reading all this.

WHAT IT CAN'T BE FOR ME:

- avoid non-natural soaps / makeup / detergent / cleansers (I've been doing that anyway for years and my issue started afterward)
- avoid dairy (I'm vegan, and have been well before symptoms started)
- change sheets / pillows (switched to hypoalllergenic and no change yet)

WHAT IT COULD BE (what I'll try next):

- avoid cinnamon (I eat a lot of it - it goes in my coffee grinds every morning)
- take 1000mg of Vitamin C
- take a probiotic (there's a vegan one available, I'll try it)

There's so many more tips and tricks in the above, but will start with a few in case it helps to identity. Any ideas on how we can make some use of all this info in the comments would be great!

Thanks everyone, and I hope you're finding solutions that work for you.
Sending healing thoughts to all.

Emily
I tried Claritin, but had no relief.  I have had this for years and it seems to be getting worse- but my stress level is also at a fever pitch.  I am going to try to regulate what I eat (I have food allergies) and exercise more.
just over a month ago, while having a horrible bout with another allergy of a very itchy rash all over my body, my lips also got sores on the corners and became very dry.  all cleared up except for the dry and tender lips, which "exploded" just few days ago with swelling, blisters, itchiness, soreness.  The swelling has gone down after eliminating all lip balms, due to the advice of my allergist, but the corners are still very sore, cracked, and get yellow crusty like scabbing, as well as a couple other random spots on lips.  Of course I am also currently under some stress, as well as suffering greatly from the spring seasonal allergies in WA state, which forecasts had prewarned it would be an extra bad year for allergy sufferers. Anyhow, today I had Dermatologist testing patches put on for chemical tests, and I have an appointment set up with the allergist the end of July for the other things such as food and grasses, trees etc. allergies, it definitely is a process to get things narrowed down.   I do have a terrible allergy to Nickel, may even be bad enough to have to change the way I eat, which is unfortunate because it's high in a lot of the foods I love, but it would be well worth it if it helps me not to get Acute Contact Dermatitis on my hands and feet.

I do wonder though if any of this has to do with Yeast.  In my research there is a lot that has to do with too much Yeast in our bloodstream, once there it can give us all kinds of problems, including skin, our lips are still skin!  We are all so unique, and can try so many things, that could actually make matters worse or prevent them from getting better.  I am beginning to believe we are all so unique that the best way to deal with this, besides getting information on good sites like this is to get both Dermatologist Testing and Allergist Testing done, and maybe treat ourselves for Candida caused by Yeast.  Being proactive and working together for a solution, will work towards a solution!
Thank you for this information.  My PCP doctor also mentioned "today" to wash my face with baby shampoo.  I'm desperate, so I'm going to try it.  I also saw where someone on this site mentioned using a diaper rash cream A+D ointment and it worked for them.  I pray this works for me too.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks again for all of your great info!
I just got my first bout of this as well.  The only think I've changed is that I started drinking green shakes in the morning.  They are packed with kale, fruit, chia seeds, almond milk, and coconut oil.  I have looked into a nickel allergy because the symptoms from that allergy cause contact dermatitis.
Hi There!

I have tried Claritin and it doesn't help with these particular symptoms. Eliminating dairy, however, helped drastically!