Allergy Community

THROAT MUCUS

What causes mucus in the human throat, when i cough it does not come out and when I try swallowing it remains in the thoat causing irritation. what could be the remedy for this?
      Formation of excess mucus in the throat could be related to smoking, inflammation or infection, allergies etc. Certain medications like antihistamines, decongestants help in reducing the production of mucus. Preventing triggering agents causing irritation of throat mucosa can also reduce mucus production. Steam inhalations or saline nebulizations can help in clearing the mucus in the throat. But in case of infections appropriate treatment with antibiotics should be initiated for treating this situation.  I would recommend that you consult a ENT specialist for further assistance on this. Best.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.