Allergy Community

Teri Keenan CMA

temples swell immediately after I ate homemade soup what would cause that?Bay leaves, maybe? Actually happened to my roomamte, her temples used to swellafter she ate nuts
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could indicate an allergic reaction. More so if repeated episodes have occurred with consumption of the same food. Allergic reactions are mediated by IgE antibodies, which are released on exposure to a particular allergen. These in turn activate mast cells and lead to a local response or systemic anaphylaxis. Antihistamines may help to relieve the symptoms.

It may help to maintain a food dairy and keep monitoring your symptoms. This will help to narrow the search and avoid them. Further allergic testing may be worth looking into.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.