Allergy Community

Unexplained allergy

I am 34 and all my life have only ever been allergic to pollen.  Two years ago out of the blue I experienced severe itching of the mouth and slightly swollen lips when i ate some avocado.  I grew up on avocado so I thought nothing of it.  The same thing happened with banana, kiwi fruit and although I explained it to my doctor, she had never heard of such a thing.  As time has gone on I was able to identify the symptoms immediately and can safely say that I seem to have some sort of reactioin to any kind of raw fruit or vegetable, some giving worse reactions than others.  I met someone else who has a similar fruit allergy but I would love to know what is causing it.  I  have tried organic fruit but it makes no difference.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.