Allergy Community

What do you think bit me?

I had a horrible fever, sweating like mad and then freezing the next minute.  Extreme dizziness and nausea over the past few days and in a drunken-type stupor, reaction time slowed waaay down. If I turned my head quickly, took a while to focus, felt like the world was spinning, felt like I was drugged.  I could not even drive, it was that bad.

In addition, I had an odd red circle on my thigh with 2 distinct little fang marks in the middle.  The area around it was hard and hot.  Coincidence, or do you think this might have been some sort of spider bite?

A little background - my oldest son had a horrid spider bite reaction a few months back (in another state so probably not the same spider unless this thing is following us around) - it landed us in the E.R. and they had to scrape away a bunch of his skin - but they said that it was not the actual venom that was the issue - it was HIS skin's reaction to the bite.  He was quite lethargic through all of it as was I, but with the delayed reaction time and all - does that sound more like venom?  Like the spider's natural weapon/ technique to slow his prey so he can come and eat you later?  

I'd just like to know if this is simply how I (and my sons) react to spider bites (if it was indeed a spider), or if was a venomous bite.  If the latter, I need to find this creature and do away with it before it gets someone else.  Thanks.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.