Allergy Community

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

Pressure and pain in the sinuses (in different areas of the face or behind the eyes) are the main symptoms of sinusitis.      Signs and symptoms of sinus infections depend upon the sinuses that are affected, and whether the sinus infection is acute or chronic.Sinus Infection Symptoms and SignsStuffy nose or congestionRunny nose (mucus may be yellowish or greenish in color)Postnasal dripTooth discomfort or painLoss of sense of smellEar pain, pressure, or fullnessHeadacheBad breathHearing lossRinging in the ears (tinnitus)Facial pain, tenderness, or pressure in the area of the sinusesFeverFatigueCoughSore throatAcute Sinusitis SymptomsNasal congestion with dischargeNasal drainage that may be clear or whitish in colorPostnasal drip (mucus drips down the throat behind the nose) often accompanied by a sore throatPain across the cheekbone, under or around the eye, or around the upper teethEar pain or earacheHeadache in the temple or surrounding or behind the eyePain or pressure symptoms are worse when coughing or strainingFever is commonPain or pressure on one or both sides of the faceFacial swellingDizzinessItchy throatSneezingChronic Sinusitis SymptomsChronic sinusitis may have many of the same symptoms as acute sinusitis, but the symptoms last longer or are more severe. In addition, people with chronic sinusitis may also experience multiple symptoms, for example:Pain that is worse in the late morning or when wearing glassesPain and pressure in the face worsens when leaning forwardChronic sore throat and bad breathChronic toothache or increased tooth sensitivityIncreased facial discomfort throughout the day with increased cough at night
I have a sinus infection and I have a sore throat, headaches all around, neck and shoulder pain, nasal congestion, chest congestion, fever, sore eyes, irritated nasal passages, and a desire to sleep.
I have has a sinus infection for two months now. I have pain and pressure behind my nose and eye. My nose is blocked on the left side and my throat is very sore. When I lie down at night, I have a drip going down the back of my throat, which tastes very sweet. I have also had so many antibiotics and they don't seem to cure this infection. I am now going to see an ENT specialist.
For my sinus infection, I had loss of hearing, swelling under the eyes and nasal congestion.
is sinusitis caused by a virus?
I have a neti pot and love it. But I also have a small fountain that I run every night in my bedroom. It helps a lot and is a cuter alternative to constant use of a humidifier. But I really wish I would have thought about Vicks Vapo-Rub over a steamy sink! My symptoms: extreme fatigue and nausea, sinus congestion and VERY LITTLE pain. Plus it activated my asthma so: shortness of breath and tingly fingers.
My sinusitis affects the sphenoid area, with pain on the sides of my head above my ears.  It is worse when I lie on my side, better on my tummy, as my sinuses drain better that way.  Taking a sinus medication(OTC)and using saltwater nasal sprays, hot compresses, and steam can sometimes clear it up if I catch it early on, however, many times I need antibiotics. Recently I had vertigo for days even with the antibiotics, but that clears with a mild decongestant enough to work.
I am so happy that I found this site as it has helped me better understand my condition. This is the 2nd sinus cold I have had in the past few months & this one has been the worst pain that I have ever experienced. I have been sick for 5 days and took Tylenol Sinus for 2 days but it no longer helps. My nose could not stop running for 3 days, now I feel a deadly pressure in my head, cheeks & throat. I thought it was from a toothache. Thanks for the info. I will go see the doctor first thing in the morning.
With my sinus infection I have a complete loss of smell (therefore effecting your taste almost completely). It is very scary. It eventually comes back slowly with a foul taste from the infection draining out (it has no where else to go).
I just returned from my dentist after being up all night with excruciating pain in all the teeth on my upper left side. She took xrays and decided that it has to be a sinus infection because I see a dentist regularly and no dental problems shown on xray. After 2 doses of antibiotics my pain was completely gone. I hadn't been sick but now my nose is running and my throat hurts.
In Feb 2009 I contracted my first ever sinus infection. After 2 months of antibiotics it still didn't clear up so I was referred to an ENT and in March 2010 had surgery. Still today, March 2011, I am very sick and in a great deal of pain. Countless amounts of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medications and pain killers have not seemed to help. Now my ENT wants to do a second surgery. I am doubtful this will help. Also my ENT told me not to use netti pot when infection is present. I just don't know what to do. Although I am constantly blocked up I have only been able to blow my nose a handful of times in 2 years, I can barely smell or taste anything and my voice has changed. My quality of life is not good. I don't socialize, can't work much and feel sorry for my husband as he has to put up with me being snotty and grumpy all the time! I really need help.
I started feeling pain and pressure in my jaw and ear so I thought it was from clenching my teeth, or something, while I slept. Now the pain has intensified tenfold to the point of the whole right side of my face (jaw, ear, cheekbone and temple) now are extremely painful and nothing seems to help with the pain - I've also had a persistent sore throat and cough that keeps me awake at night. I am 45yrs old and a smoker of less than a pack a day. Also, my throat and uvula have been red and swollen for about a year now.
I have had a sinus infection for the past six months. I have been to see my doctor two times. I have a chemical smell in my nasal passage that smells like burnt plastic. I can find some relief with Flonase spray, but it just doesn't go away.
I have a sinus infection and I have an itchy nose and a headache behind my itchy, red eyes. The light hurts my eyes. This is very painful.
I have been suffering from sinusitis for 5 months and whenever I suffer from a cold, my condition becomes worse and my forehead and face will be very tender to touch. I even get lots of mucous in my nasal cavities, from high headache and mild fever. My doctor has suggested surgery.
In 2005, I had the first of three sinus surgeries for chronic sinusitis.  I have been on so many antibiotics that help the condition, only to repeat the illness every three or four months.  I have post nasal drip, aches around my eyes and upper cheeks and very thick discharge.  What troubles me is the nose bleeds which cause soreness and the chest congestion.  I am constantly feeling warm; yet when my temperature is taken it is normal or a minimum above normal.  These constant episodes have left me frustrated, exhausted, and depressed.  Since I am a caregiver for my husband and have all of the responsibilities without his help, I am constantly attempting to play catch-up and failing.  I, also, miss doing activities that would bring me joy, gardening, painting, sewing, and volunteering.
My sinus infection started out as an allergy and then I developed a sore throat. Four days later my throat was very sore and red. No headache really but felt cold, nauseous, with a rotten taste in my mouth, and had postnasal drip. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said it was a sinus infection so now I am on antibiotics.
My sinus infection gave me a headache and face aches. It's difficult hearing from my right ear.
I always get a sinus infection following a cold. I have painful upper teeth and pain opening jaw. I have a frontal headache with postnasal drip and sometimes blurry vision.
joint pain and swelling
I'm having bad stuffiness can't breathe good through nose and can't lay down when I use my oxygen it makes it harder to breath if I breath through my mouth it gets all dry etc. I feel miserable I'm using flonase and saline spray trying to flush it out my ears hurt I have no energy at all feel awful.
My baby of 4 months old have a tiny pore near ear by birth.Slight pus comes after 8-10 days. Is it sinus or else?
I've had a stuffy nose since April. Did not know what it was. Went to the doctor, used antihistamine, nasal spray, sinus and cold pills. nothing worked to this day, but I'm going to try the steam and see if it helps. Sometimes I wonder if it is sinus at all! I experience no pain, just stuffiness all day and night! No mucous discharge.
Can sinus drin thru my ear and cause pain and discharge thru ear canal?
je me suis gratter mon nez ,et puis j'ai eu des croutes et maintenant j'ai une tr̩s vilaine odeur dans mon nez et je suis aller voir le docteur qui dit que cela n'es pas grave qui peut me dire quelques choses svp
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.