Allergy Community

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

Pressure and pain in the sinuses (in different areas of the face or behind the eyes) are the main symptoms of sinusitis.      Signs and symptoms of sinus infections depend upon the sinuses that are affected, and whether the sinus infection is acute or chronic.Sinus Infection Symptoms and SignsStuffy nose or congestionRunny nose (mucus may be yellowish or greenish in color)Postnasal dripTooth discomfort or painLoss of sense of smellEar pain, pressure, or fullnessHeadacheBad breathHearing lossRinging in the ears (tinnitus)Facial pain, tenderness, or pressure in the area of the sinusesFeverFatigueCoughSore throatAcute Sinusitis SymptomsNasal congestion with dischargeNasal drainage that may be clear or whitish in colorPostnasal drip (mucus drips down the throat behind the nose) often accompanied by a sore throatPain across the cheekbone, under or around the eye, or around the upper teethEar pain or earacheHeadache in the temple or surrounding or behind the eyePain or pressure symptoms are worse when coughing or strainingFever is commonPain or pressure on one or both sides of the faceFacial swellingDizzinessItchy throatSneezingChronic Sinusitis SymptomsChronic sinusitis may have many of the same symptoms as acute sinusitis, but the symptoms last longer or are more severe. In addition, people with chronic sinusitis may also experience multiple symptoms, for example:Pain that is worse in the late morning or when wearing glassesPain and pressure in the face worsens when leaning forwardChronic sore throat and bad breathChronic toothache or increased tooth sensitivityIncreased facial discomfort throughout the day with increased cough at night
I have a sinus infection and I have an itchy nose and a headache behind my itchy, red eyes. The light hurts my eyes. This is very painful.
I have been suffering from sinusitis for 5 months and whenever I suffer from a cold, my condition becomes worse and my forehead and face will be very tender to touch. I even get lots of mucous in my nasal cavities, from high headache and mild fever. My doctor has suggested surgery.
In 2005, I had the first of three sinus surgeries for chronic sinusitis.  I have been on so many antibiotics that help the condition, only to repeat the illness every three or four months.  I have post nasal drip, aches around my eyes and upper cheeks and very thick discharge.  What troubles me is the nose bleeds which cause soreness and the chest congestion.  I am constantly feeling warm; yet when my temperature is taken it is normal or a minimum above normal.  These constant episodes have left me frustrated, exhausted, and depressed.  Since I am a caregiver for my husband and have all of the responsibilities without his help, I am constantly attempting to play catch-up and failing.  I, also, miss doing activities that would bring me joy, gardening, painting, sewing, and volunteering.
My sinus infection started out as an allergy and then I developed a sore throat. Four days later my throat was very sore and red. No headache really but felt cold, nauseous, with a rotten taste in my mouth, and had postnasal drip. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said it was a sinus infection so now I am on antibiotics.
My sinus infection gave me a headache and face aches. It's difficult hearing from my right ear.
I always get a sinus infection following a cold. I have painful upper teeth and pain opening jaw. I have a frontal headache with postnasal drip and sometimes blurry vision.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.