Allergy Community

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

Pressure and pain in the sinuses (in different areas of the face or behind the eyes) are the main symptoms of sinusitis.      Signs and symptoms of sinus infections depend upon the sinuses that are affected, and whether the sinus infection is acute or chronic.Sinus Infection Symptoms and SignsStuffy nose or congestionRunny nose (mucus may be yellowish or greenish in color)Postnasal dripTooth discomfort or painLoss of sense of smellEar pain, pressure, or fullnessHeadacheBad breathHearing lossRinging in the ears (tinnitus)Facial pain, tenderness, or pressure in the area of the sinusesFeverFatigueCoughSore throatAcute Sinusitis SymptomsNasal congestion with dischargeNasal drainage that may be clear or whitish in colorPostnasal drip (mucus drips down the throat behind the nose) often accompanied by a sore throatPain across the cheekbone, under or around the eye, or around the upper teethEar pain or earacheHeadache in the temple or surrounding or behind the eyePain or pressure symptoms are worse when coughing or strainingFever is commonPain or pressure on one or both sides of the faceFacial swellingDizzinessItchy throatSneezingChronic Sinusitis SymptomsChronic sinusitis may have many of the same symptoms as acute sinusitis, but the symptoms last longer or are more severe. In addition, people with chronic sinusitis may also experience multiple symptoms, for example:Pain that is worse in the late morning or when wearing glassesPain and pressure in the face worsens when leaning forwardChronic sore throat and bad breathChronic toothache or increased tooth sensitivityIncreased facial discomfort throughout the day with increased cough at night
I have very much pain and discomfort on the left side only in the upper gum area, I wear a full denture plate, I have gone to my dentist on several ocassions and he says there is nothing there that would be causing the pain and says the only explanation is infected sinus, I am not able to keep the denture in my mouth and only able to eat what has to not be chewed I woulld appreciate any comments that would help me.
I got bad neck stiffnes. Maybe due to work stress. Doctor prescribe sleepping pills. Then no pain and good sleep. One day, my left ear loss hearing. Of course, I got bad headache and no good sleep. No flu, no cough, no fever. GP said maybe stress and gave me more pain killer to make me more dizzy. Im not satisfy as I really could hear, so I went to ENT specialist. He cut my ear drum 3 times to clear the accumulated piles. Gave 3 courses of antibiotic within 1 month. Slight improvement only. But after the ear drum cut, I had bad flu and cough. The discharge was so sticky and greeny.Symtoms now appearred. Little pain on face, headache and dizzy. Askes to do CT scan. Result shows Chronic Sinusitis. Admitted for surgery.
Sir i have nasal allergy the symptoms are always running nose, sneezing, itching in the eye and in the ear, inflammation of the tonsil.Sir please help me to give best treatment which i shall remain ever thankful to you.
I'm not sure if I do have a sinus problem...but, no one can diagnose my issue....coughing, and yelowing of the cheeck bones...coughing can be quite violent at times...allergy tests result were all negative.
I am pregnant and about 2 months ago I had a really bad cold the medicine I could take wouldn't help, it turned into my 1st sinus infection.  I was very congested, had sinus pain and pressure and my top left teeth hurt badly Tylenol would not help. My doc put me on antibiotics and within 24 hours I was feeling better.  Then 2 weeks ago my congestion got worse the pressure and headaches were back my throat hurt I was hot all the time.  I am now on my 2nd round of antibiotics so let's hope it works this time.
E don't know if I have a sinus infection.  But I get like a Scab or sore in my nasal passage and it smells.  It takes me sometimes a week to force it out either by blowing it out or sucking it back and it comes down my throat and I cough. it up.  It's about the size of my baby finger nail.  After I get it out when I blow my nose it bleeds a little bit.  My nose also feels very dry inside.  Does anyone else have this problem--caus it is worrying me
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.