Allergy Community

Wheat allergy

I recently had an allergy test that showed I was mildly to moderately allergic to wheat. The IgE number was 1.72. My question is this - does that mean I am allergic to Gluten too? or are wheat allergies and gluten allergies two different things?  Should I get a separate Gluten test also?

Thanks for any help.
Gluten is the protein in wheat that affects sufferers of Celiac disease. Did you get testes for Celiac? Were you tested for allergies to any other grains? like barley, or rye?
Hi bri, may I know what your symptoms are?
my symptoms are nausea and a semi-dizzy, flushed feeling when eating wheat

What symptoms are you having?

What is your age?

You could raed about gluten allergy at the following link -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten_sensitivity

Let us know about the specific doubts that you have and post us about your symptoms so that we may be able to help you.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.