Allergy Community
10.3k Members
Avatar universal

allergies and sinus desease

I heard of a new procedure that can take care of allergy/sinus where the doctor can do an endoscopy shrinking the nasal turbinates and alleviate swelling.  I have a hard time breathing through my nose.  Can you tell me more about this procedure and if it can be done in the doctor's office???  I am seeing an ENT doctor  shortly, and I would like to know if this is true.  

Thank you for a reply.  
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
You seem to be having turbinate hypertrophy or nasal polyps which is causing your symptoms of nasal stuffiness.Although medical treatment is available,but cauterization with an electrosurgical probe or a laser and surgical removal by endoscope or laser is the preferred treatment.Another new technique is temperature controlled radiofrequency which uses a tiny electrode to heat the turbinate tissue from within, eventually causing reduction of the size of the turbinate as the body reabsorbs the treated tissue.

You can discuss this option with your ENT surgeon.

Hope it helps.Kind regards.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.