Thanks for writing to the forum!
Dog allergies are very common and due to saliva of the dog. “Allergy to dogs is relatively common, as dog allergen can be found in public places, including daycare facilities.”
“For people with dog allergy, avoidance of dogs is the mainstay of therapy. Allergy medications are likely to help control symptoms, but in many instances symptoms may persist if the person owns one or more indoor dogs. Allergy shots may also be a good treatment option for people who are allergic to their pet dogs.
Dog owners may not want to part with their pets, despite the symptoms they endure. Short of getting rid of the dog, here are some ways to decrease dog allergen exposure for dog owners:
• Ensure the dog is neutered
• Bathing the dog at least once or twice a week
• Wiping the dog with a wet cloth or hand towel daily
• Remove the dog from the bedroom, close the bedroom door and air vents to the bedroom
• Keep the dog outside or in the garage, or in a part of the home with an uncarpeted floor
• Vacuum frequently with a HEPA-equipped vacuum cleaner
• Purchase a HEPA room air cleaner for use in the bedroom and/or other parts of the home (it is best to keep the HEPA filter off of the floor so as to not stir up more dust)
• Follow house dust mite avoidance precautions
• If the above measures do not help to reduce allergic symptoms, getting rid of the pet dogs may be needed, particularly for people with uncontrolled asthma.
• Dog allergen may persist for months to years in the home even after the dog is gone – therefore it is important to clean thoroughly
• steam clean all carpets and upholstered furniture
• launder or dry clean all bedding and curtains
• vacuum all hard floors
• wipe down all hard surfaces and furniture
• replace any air conditioner and heater vent filters”
Please refer: http://allergies.about.com/od/specificallergens/a/dogallergy.htm
Try out these tips and see if your allergy improves. If nothing helps, you will have to live without your dog.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!