allergy or cold sores

hi good day.. its been a week since i experienced this kind of problems beside my nose and under my mouth..it covers almost my whole face. it peels, it gets itchy that caused it to irritate and became red. i also had a history of asthma since then. i wanna asked your opinion in my problem.. can i call it a cold sores? or just allergy or ??? i need your help and solution for my problems.. hoping for your reply soon. thanks
HI, This sounds more like school sores but whatever it is I would go to the DR
How are you? Are there other symptoms present? Try to avoid scratching to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Cold sores usually present with fluid-filled blisters that become covered by scabs. Aside from allergy and infection, it can also be due to irritation and dermatitis such as perioral dermatitis. Refrain from applying anything including medication at this point. With irritation or allergy, the symptoms usually resolve after after a few days of removing the offending trigger. If it persists, check with your doctor for proper evalaution. Direct clinical examiantion is important. Take care and do keep us posted.  

You are reading content posted in the Allergy Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.