Allergy Community

angioedema with thyroid meds

My THS was tested; it was high in the 8.36 range. I was prescribed L-Thyroxine 50 mcg, and experienced what I consider side effects. Neck pain, sensitivity above and below the knee, fatigue, massive emotional distress (crying for no reason), and irritability. I asked my physician to prescribe me natural thyroid (Armour) and was prescribed a 60 mg dose, I experienced no side effects other than a slight swelling and buzzing in my lips. I realized that the dosage of Armour was twice that of the synthetic prescription, So I asked that my physician make the necessary adjustments to the prescription. I continued to have buzzing lips, we took the prescription down to 15mg and the symptoms have not subsided. When I was on the 60 mg dose of Armour my tongue swelled (benadryl made that subside) directly after this episode I took the L-Thyroxine while waiting for my physician to return my call (this also made my lips buzz) At this point my lips don't buzz ( I am on  15mg Armour) but they feel swollen and my tongue feels cold when I place it between my upper lip and teeth, this sensation is reduced dramatically in the morning before I take the meds and ramps up about 1 to 1.5 hours after I take the med. I have read that there is no known sensitivity to thyroid.....if that is the case what is happening to me?
You might be hypersensitive to thyroxine preparations. Take cetrizine 1 tablet one hour prior to thyroxine or armour.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.