Allergy Community

bee sting allergy- how long for swelling to go away?

last night at about 6pm my 12 year old son was stung on the lip by a yellow jacket. his lip swelled to at least 10x's the normal size (er doc said he had never seen anyone swell so bad). his whole face swelled and his eyes were almost swelled shut. he had large patches of redness and hives covering his whole body. in the er they gave him solumedrol and benadryl thru iv with ns 9%. when we left the er at 12:30 am the redness and hives were almost gone and the swelling of his face and lip was going down. now it's 11:33 am and his lip is still 5x's normal size and his cheeks look like a chipmunk. all redness and hives are gone. how long should it take for his lip and face to return to normal and how long should i wait to return to dr if they don't?
Everyone reacts different to stings. When in doubt go to the Dr. If for nothing else but to ease your worries. Hope  you both feel better soon. I've been stung too but as an adult and not on the face. My swelling lasted for a few days.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.