Allergy Community

congestion in dentist's office

I've always had allergies to dust, mold, pollen, ragweed, etc. This past year I have not been bothered by it possibly due to a change of dietary habits. However, when I am in a dental chair with my head back, I become congested, have difficulty breathing and start getting a drip run down my throat. I am going to the dentist tomorrow and am going to try taking pseudophedrine. Years ago when I flew on a plane, when it landed I had excrutiating ear pain, but when I learned about Sudafed, there was no more ear pain.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments you may have.

Thanks!
Sounds like some serious post nasal drip issues.
Try doing a sinus rinse before going in, and use a nasal spray ( such as Claritin ) beforehand as well.
Could it also be anxiety? Not sure how you feel about the dentist.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.