OUCH ... I would think anything is possible from the chemicals. I'd suggest a good allergist and bring a box of the dye with you .. they *may* want to take some of the chemicals and do a patch test on your arm .. sometimes they take it and cover it with a bandage for 48hrs and reassess looking for topical issues .. they did this with nickel with my daughter .. using the dental appliance piece of metal itself to be certain she didn't react before they put the whole thing in her mouth with cement!
Welcome to the forum!.
Do yourself a big favor. The chemicals in hair dyes - regardless of the allergist findings-
are dangerous. Perhaps this reaction you had, is a blessing in disguise. It's like giving you some kind of a warning.
We take so many things for granted. Health is very precious thing. You don't want to subject yourself to ongoing small doses of toxins-transdermally delivered to your brain!
Just go to the cosmetics database website and check hair dyes. You will be shocked to discover what type of chemicals are used. The manufacturers of those products don't care.
They know it is almost next to impossible to attribute any health conditions and symptoms
directly to their products. And after all they do include disclaimers-
Who reads them anyway?
So go back to the post you replied to recently, and there are some good suggestions, by some members, for natural methods of dying your hair.
An ounce of prevention will give you multiple amounts of health and wellness.
I hope this helps you make a wiser choice.
No offence intended to ChitChatNine, but I do understand that it was necessary for her
daughter's situation, to get the metal tested first.
To rule out any allergy you need to get an allergy testing done. Diagnosis of allergy can be done by skin ***** tests and patch tests. In this a little amount of allergen is injected into the skin of the forearm by a doctor. The skin is closely watched for signs of a reaction, which include swelling and redness. Confirmatory diagnosis is by blood tests (RAST). You can get these tests done from an allergist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
My sister is allergic to PPD too. ,She used to use permanent dye all the time until she got so swollen up and broke out. She is now allergic to PPD and could not find a color that worked for her for sooooo long. Recently, she was told to try Love Your Color from Cosamo, a newer PPD free color without any ammonia or bleach and it worked great. What a blessing it has been for her to find a product that works. Cosamo Love Your Color