Allergy Community

hair loss

I was told I have no allergies c/o a blood test.However after all over body itching,face swelling and hair fall out. A nurse suggested that I was having an allergic reaction to trees.Anyone know about this? My face gets red when my hair touches my face and hair is falling out.I use no perfume shampoo and conditioner.Any ideas??
Hi, welcome to the forum, there are many possibilities of hair loss like thyroid disorders, pollution,  hypervitaminosis A, excess testosterone in blood, syphilis, deficiency of biotin or zinc, any infection etc. These causes lead to disorders like telogen effluvium, Androgenetic alopecia, etc. You also need to rule out systemic conditions like renal disease, Cholestasis etc. which is associated with itching and facial swelling. You need to go for thyroid profile, kidney and liver function tests.

Taking regular diet which will give iron and other vitamins will help you. You should undergo thyroid, testosterone level etc. Massaging scalp increases circulation and help in re growth. Proper shampoo and conditioners will give good results. I suggest you to consult dermatologists. Take care and regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.