I have hives around my head and face and generally each hive around 2 inch size and stays for about 24 hours. anytime i have around 3 to 4 hives. I went to ER, Physician and dermatologist.
1.presnoden(6day course) helped 2nd day, but hives are back
2.h1/h2 blocker medicines and cortizone tablet - not at all help except itchy sensation
3.benadryl -Not much help
dermatologist thinks it is not because hair dye. there were not many changes in my life and not many significant as well.
1. had ulcers ten years back
2. toms calcium chewable tablets once in a while when i eat potato foods or yellow dal
3.had hairdye 10 days ago before first symmtom of itchy sensation in both ears
4. had twice double the size of romanian lattuce 2 before hives
5. foot problem, a year ago, had 30 day course of anti inflammation. two weeks before hives, i had one of my toe swollen and gone by itself
6.changed cooking oil from olive oil to vegetable oil.
7. no change in detergent
8. past 4 months, continuous use of elective shave every day
9. never been exposed to harsh sun light or stress.
I dont know what was the reason i get hives for. now i need to see allergy specialist and god knows whether they find root cause and treatment. I wish medical research improved to find allergy in seconds at doctors office..