Allergy Community

lip problems

Every time I go to use a chapstick, even if its a brand new one... I end up developing cold sores ... I don't usually wear ChapStick on a regular basis. I only wear it if my lips get very badly chaped ... But when I do I usually get cold sores within the next couple of days following... Any suggestions on why this is and what I can use for my chapped lips so I don't get these break outs ... They are painful and embarrassing... :-(
It may be an allergic reaction, but it could also be that the chapped lips themselves are turning into what appears to be cold sores.
Try using olive oil or coconut oil. It may be the bees wax in the chapstick as well...or another ingredient.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.