Allergy Community

low salicylate, amine diet

I have been under the guidance of a dietician's re: my diet for over 10 weeks. I have had a rash on my face which she agreed could be related to salicylates, amines in my diet. Anyway I have followed a low amine diet, then moderate/low salicylate diet and now a low amine and salicylate diet. The facial redness has decreased overall, meaning I dont get the prolonged redness (like sunburn) I use to get before, as much. However, I still have the rash (blotches- somewhat like hives) which comes and goes over my cheeks and near my mouth.I have followed the diet strictly. I have changed to a plain toothpaste.

I have also noticed that I have had an incidence of diarrhea and cramping at different times over the period of monitoring of my diet has taken place. Last night I had this and at that time I also got intensly red in the face. The redness over my face has continued today. The dietician has said she is happy with the progress and to continue on with low amine and low salicylate diet for another week and then gradually introduce the salicylate foods again. I still feel there is some other factor in the equation.
Questions:
1) can these types of food allergies cause the redness and rash on my face and also the dizziness and cramping, diarrhea I experience?
2) What would your recommendation be?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.