Allergy Community

mosquito bite

i think ive been bitten by a mosquito or 10 my body is covered in big red swollen spots about the size of a 5 pence piece  wot do i do im suffering really bad am i allergic to them or is this wot there like.

thanks
I get bitten by mosquitos all the time and they come up huge and extremely itchy, I believe some people react to them more than others as alot of people I know get bitten and they are just a pin ***** which doesn't really bother them, however mine can keep me awake at night with the iching and can get really red and swollen.

The best thing to do is not to get bitten, get some insect repellent, try not to wear perfumes, eat garlic or take capsules, some people say skin so soft works but it doesn't keep them away from me,insect spray is the best. If you do get bit vinegar works wonders.. put it directly on the bite with cotton wool or put the affected area ( if possible) in ice cold water thes two things help relive the itch. Hope this helps!!  
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.