Allergy Community

please help...need advice

I had two shots one in each nostril of cortisone for my inflammed sinuses and chronic sinusitis today...immediately after my heart started racing...I have health anxiety and the doctor told me to calm down as I was freaking myself out...I felt better after I left the office...sometime later(app. was at 11 am...) after dinner at 8 pm...my wife made salmon(garlic) with a bernaise sauce veggies and rice...had two helpings and then I ruined it by eating a double chocolate muffin...I went up a couple of stairways in my apt complex and then it happened again...heart started racing and I was belching and had to throw up...which I did...felt a bit better...enough to type this...does anyone have any advice as to what to do?
Hi, welcome to the forum, vomiting and nausea can be a sign of infection of stomach known as gastroenteritis (often with diarrhea and vomiting), lactose intolerance (difficulty digesting the lactose in milk), indigestion, gas formation, obstruction etc.

As you are vomiting you need to maintain water and electrolyte balance. Anti emetic, antibiotics, antispasmodics will help reduce symptoms against prescription.

You also have anxiety or panic reactions which are a bout of sense of insecurity and loneliness. This is common during such circumstances esp. with the family conditions, stress and responsibilities.

For stress, you need a suggestion therapy and few medications to alleviate the anxiety. You need to talk freely with closed ones like family or friends. Go for morning walk and relaxation therapy will help.

I suggest you to consult physician. Take care and regards.
thanks doctor...feel better but still have the health anxiety...I will follow your suggestions...
There is a better way of getting rid of sinusitis that does not involve the shots at all.  Hypertonic saline shrinks swollen mucus membranes better than corticosteroids, and washes out the chronic sinusitis by removing the encapsulated infected mucus. Of course, I'll let you decide:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub, or perhaps a plastic basin or tub, with the shower running for steam.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.