How are you? Contact with the oil of these plants: poison ivy, poison sumac, and poison oak causes most people to have a rash, blisters, and itching. The symptoms of an allergic reaction to poison ivy, sumac, or oak include the following, from least serious to most serious: itching, red blotches, blisters, fever, headache, swelling of throat and eyes, overall swelling of your body, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Usually the rash is first noticed 1 to 2 days after contact.
Once the oil is washed off the skin, the rash cannot be spread but scratching may lead to infection of the open sores. With the fever present, it is best that you see your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out infection. This link may be of help:
Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you so much that helps alot. Gave him tylon for the fever.
Hi, How is he? Any antipyretic and sponge bath should bring down the fever. If the fever and rash persist, further evaluation by your doctor is needed. Take care and do update us.