severe allergies and fatigue causing me to feel so depressed?
please someone help! i have been suffering from debilatating allergies/sinus probs, fatigue, and dizziness for about a year now. i do have allergies to mold, dust, milk products, and corn products. my allergy doc says my symptoms are all from allergies, but i have been trying everything 2 avoid the allergens, been getting allergy shots, tried numerous allergy medications, with no help from anything! does anyone else experience this type of thing? i seriously feel like i am getting so depressed. i cant hardly function, let alone enjoy anything. i suffer every single day. please, if anyone has any advice, etc, please let me know.
thanks so much!
I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only one.  I have been having a hard time breathing because of nasal congestion and it feels like I have to labor to breathe and it cause me such anxiety, fatigue, with results in me having an elevated BP which then causes me to feel faint.  I went to Doctor and they keep telling me to take Mucinex and It's not working. I feel miserable.
Thank you so much. I have been feeling so crazy...having these anxiety attacks because I can't breathe properly.  I have an appt next week because I have got to get a handle on this ASAP.  I still work out three times a week which helps tremendously.  Thanks for your post.
I never had allergies until this year. I live in Texas. I also deal with anxiety and OCD and thought maybe that was causing my fatigue. But then, my sinuses were swollen so I couldn't breath. I got a zpack which helped some. I'm seeing an allergist next week that does drops if needed. I've never been so tired for so long. I've been worrying that it would effect my job. I just need to keep going and hope this doctor can help!
Hi Faith, my name is Bob and I live in Baltimore, MD.  I'm 54 and have been suffering from severe allergies for 2 plus years now.  The third year just hit me this spring.  My allergies are debillitating; severe headaches and fatigue, and yes it affects my job performance.

I like to exercise but am unable to do so because I'm so fatigued all of the time.  I've been taking sublingual drops (as opposed to weekly shots) every day, but so far I've gotten no relief.  My quality of life, frankly, for 10 months out of the year is miserable.

I've recently started homeopathic rememdies from an Indian doctor, but so far no relief.  I've had very depressing thoughts, thinking that there is no solution and I'm destined to live this zombie-like life, but I found this web site and see that I am definitely not alone.  I'm grateful for that.

I'm going to look into some of the suggestions posted, and I really appreciate people sharing their experiences and remedies.  I'm not going to give up, even though a lot of days I want to.  When I find something that seems to help I will post it.
I didnt realize that there are so many people experencing some of the same symtoms as I am. I have been suffering for the last 4 years, but this year, especially about 4 weeks ago, my symtoms are worse and more intense, I occasionally have headaches, but mainly pressure around my forehead, nose, and cheeks it is making me lightheaded, a floating feeling, fogginess, I have also been experiencing depression and anxiety, sometimes pretty bad! I have been taking zyrtec and sometimes that works and somedays nothing works.. I am fustrated and cant think straight , it is effecting my everyday life, I just cant function properly!! I went to the docter and he gave me anibiotic for a sinus infection!! I have also learned recently that zyrtec can cause alot of serious side effects has anyone else experienced any of these side effects!!  
I too, suffer with head pains, swelling in the nose,ear,head,dizziness, eyes feel swollen and feel like they are bulging,but they are not. Pain in the back of my head & neck. Confusion, foggy feeling, which brings on anxiety, I feel like my brain is suffocating. I have been tested and am allergic to grass, weeds, mold,trees on a high level (have not been tested for food allergies yet).I am really tired of feeling this way, most days I don't feel like doing anything, I want to, but my symptoms take over me. It is so frustrating because nothing helps, not claritin, zyrtec, astelin,  flonase, nasonex, dr.'s. Wish I can wake up one day and feel normal, this has been going on for about 5-6 yrs now:( what are the side effects to zyrtec that u have recently discovered. I would like to know, since that is the one I am using most.  Thanks. Hope we can find something :)
I know exactly what your going through been there done that. Can't even work anymore because my allergies are so severe. Taking antihistimine and albuterol, also a corticosteroid and nasal sprays, was also on predisone. It is all crap in my opinion. Nothing really has helped me yet. The only thing that half way helps is avoiding the triggers in the first place and sometimes that is impossible when dustmites are practically everywhere and so is mold, it is in a lot of foods we eat in some degree,even if you don't see it on the food it can still be there deep within. Another thing that half way helps me when having breathing difficulties is sitting by a air conditioner full blast. It don't completely make my symptoms go away, but it helps. The harsh truth is there is no cure for allergies or asthma. You have to learn to cope with it the best you can. Everybody is a little different on how they take it. Some people can handle it better than others. Some people it can really get under their skin like me. The depression is so bad some days for me I just want to end it. It can make a person freak out some days when you feel like your breathing through a straw,(the small bar straws)lol. What I am really trying to say is that you have to learn your triggers,how you manage your anxiety levels and depression,keep taking your meds even if you don't think their working,and make a allergy proof room in your house. keep it clean as much as you can from the triggers,and keep it ice cold with a air conditioner for some reason this really does help.
Ya I know about side effects. Some of the crap out there that is suppose to help a person can actually make you sicker. Was on singulaire and it made my asthma symptoms even worse. Sometimes I think medicine is nothing short of a joke. Nothing but a gimmick. You used to watch these old westerns where gypsies were trying to sell these magic potions that were suppose to cure everything. To me it seems like those days are still here only that the gypsies are now wearing whitecoats.  Hang in there bud and only take what you personally think is helping you.
Hi artist87.  I'm in the process of trying a geographical cure.  I came down to Florida and am staying on the Atlantic coast.  So far I am absolutley miserable, and I too feel like ending it some days.  The depression can be that severe.  Not sure how long I'm going to stay here.  I don't know of any alternatives right now, but it's unlikely that I will stay here very long.  Will probably try the desert or the mountains next.
Dry, desert conditions are suppose to help asthma. Maybe you should try Arizona. That's where I'd be if I had the money.
I searched for this forum because I'm currently feeling so depressed and hopeless about my allergy symptoms that I'm just laying here crying.

I've suffered from severe allergies (dogs/cats/dust/dustmites/birch trees) since I was 2 years old (am now 23 years old) and it's just been a part of my life. I have literally tried every method of treatment known to mankind with minimal results and a slew of negative side effects. I take so many medications it's starting to rival people with terminal illnesses.

Thanks to some inside connections when I was 14 I was able to get Xolair shots, shots that are only FDA approved for people with asthma, which I do not have. For the first time in my life I had no allergies. I had energy and could breath enough to exercise. I lost weight, no longer suffered from depression, and was able to be around animals for the first time in my life without suffering (I have always been a huge animal lover. Used to want to be a vet when I was younger, but allergies have taken that too.) Now that connection is severed and I cannot get anyone else to provide those shots to me. They all say since I don't have asthma I cannot have them, regardless of the fact that they completely cleared up my allergy symptoms.

My depression is back, I am exhausted and gaining weight again, I have constant headaches, sinus pressure, watery eyes, congestion, runny nose, random rashes. What hurts me the most is knowing there is a cure out there that works for me, and no one will allow me to have it. For a little while I knew what life was like for all the other people who say that I'm lazy or anti-social because I don't feel well enough to go out or even perform daily activities.

Allergies have taken my dreams, my body, my social life. Days like today I really can't do anything but cry.
Hi Camelia

I had surgery......took 5 hours and they removed all of the bones between my sinus cavities.......so I literally have one large hole in my head.  It helps with the pressure and helps me to "irrigate" with salty water when I get a sinus infection, but does not help itchy ears, throat, eyes, sneezing.......

Le
I have had sinus infections all my life.. Have been on every antibiotic, etc. Four years ago I too had sinus surgery.. they removed all the little bones.. So, I have 2 great rooms, as I call it... About 4 years ago I got very ill teaching in classroom.. Itchy eyes, swollen face, cough, congestion.. I finally realized it must be mold, as I have had issues with molds before... I was removed from the classroom.. They did allergy tests.. nothing showed up... NOW.. about a year ago.. have been so ill... congestion, post nasal drip, itchy ears.. etc.. Allergy tests again... Allergic to 38 things.. that I know of... Started allergy shots about 3 months ago... It is no picnic... I feel worse... I want to sit in a ball and cry... Still trying to teach, and praying to God eventually these allergy shots will help... I live in Central California.. which is the hub of agriculture... NOT GOOD...If these shots do not work, I have told my hubby that we might need to move by the coast.. iI am sick of not breathing, having chronic drainage, hacking, allergic asthma.. Tired of prednisone, medicines that make me sleepy.... and generally feeling like crap.. I am 55 and feel like I am 95...... No longer have energy to work out.. use to sing at church,,,, tough with all the drainage.. Pretty frustrated today..... Did anyone ever feel worse after their allergy shots during the build up phase? Please.. NO HORROR stories.. I am already anxious enough.. Just need some type of encouragement.. And yes, I have been on Quercitin, Bromelain,,,,take Vit.C.. etc..
I have all of these symptoms, and they only began AS I ENCOUNTERED ADRENAL FATIGUE!!!!! You all probably are simply suffering from adrenal fatigue. The allergic response is a Histamine release from cells, allowing the blood vessels to leak and send white cells to clean up the allergens. The leaking is tissue damage, and the adrenals send out cortisol to patch it up, to control the leak. If you've been under chronic stress, your adrenals start to lessen their output and histamine reactions go unchecked. Other causes of worn adrenals are infection(as in Candida or Giardia or any ailment), High carb diets ( we use up cortisol in the same chain as insulin), Hormone imbalance (too much sex for men...internet porn addiction a big factor) but mainly STRESS, as in the modern world. Guilt as a stressor is also huge..for you environmentally concerned folks, believing we are doing wrong is killing your adrenals. Our bodies simply were not built to function in this world we now inhabit, and the stress we take for granted is indeed killing us.
Cure......Aside from evicting stress, yes there is a cure, and it worked for me. High doses of Licorice Root, and Magnesium oil on the skin every day. It takes over a year to get over this, if you do everything RIGHT! But i beat it in 14 months by totally changing my diet, exercising, shooting the television, and being in wild nature where our bodies belong. The magnesium oil stays on long if you put it on your hands and wear nitrile gloves. The magnesium cured the panic attacks within six weeks. The reason for this is simply that Mg stops neurons from firing by blocking calcium. Panic attacks AND depression are neural hyperactivity, and magnesium is the cure. It's barely even in our diet anymore, and we urinate it out every time we get stressed ( our bodies do this so our nerves are on edge and ready to fight or flight, when you get low, it used to be called a nervous breakdown. Some of you may notice the worst symptoms about an hour AFTER resting, this is because when we rest we interject Mg into our neural synapses and if we are low, we suddenly run out and our nerves fire haywire. iused to call this the train wreck from resting too much. It has also been cured for me. Look up the symptoms to both Mg deficiency and adrenal fatigue, they go hand in hand. Most noticable was the disappearing of the rage attacks and other psychological issues, such as depression.
Know how you all feel!!!! miserable  never had a flare up like now, this long.  I have been under stress, starting school, still working, not much sleep.  I had adrenal fatigue years ago.  I ma going to try it again - my chiropractor does kienesiology testing.  I am going to try it! again.  Also sometimes grapefruit seed extract and vitamin c sometimes help.  Don't come off your nose spray! that's what I did and regret it!
You guys helped picke up my spirits Thank-you.  I suffered the worse allergies of nyone I ever knew.  I always wanted to "cut my nose off."  Now I've had the most severe Atopic Dermatitus (eczema) and had years of Xolair treatment for secondary hyper- IgE.  Lovely Atopic Triad!  Nobody gets it!  How totally suckie this is.  I am stuck inside and now that I'm rally sick from Spring pollens and a heavy wind I'm couch ridden.  I hate this, my life being on hold.  
Here's my regimen that usually works;
Sinus rinse at least once a day-with bottles! neti pots do not work as well!
I use an additive as I need it, Sinusurf from Neilmed It's $30 but you can get a free sample from your doctor, make them order it by giving them all the contact info.Best stuff ever! Be careful to use only a drop.
Allegra 180 mg not 60-mg
Azelastine HCI 1 puff 2x a day
Nasonex 2 puffs twice a day
Pataday
Singular
Symbicort
Desonide (facial Eczema)
Tricilone (all Eczema)
Mupirocin- those tiny bumps under your nose are Staph use it much longer than it seems
Atarax - Best medicine for itch and calming allergies at night. I like the liquid form
mucerin or Entex
Gargle with warm salt water
facial steamer, I'm told that I can tear my corneas at anytime because my eyes are so tacky
eye lid wipes
eye wash - rinse pollens out
Vitamin D3
Fish oil
Eat nuts, seeds, get exercise, do yoga, laugh, air conditioning, ION breeze, humidfier, Salt candle-allergies are also Ion related
Empty your bucket of allergen exposure. food dyes, leather, wool, lanollin, fragrances, shoes worn in the house, dust, mold
I always carry inhaler, orapred, epi pen, tissues
You have to be tough to go through this hell.
Also I lost 25% of my leaft side balence system, left side high frequency hearing and gained tinnitus, have major digestive issues, and my esphogus doesn't contract, sleep apnea including central where my brain doesn't signal my body to take a breathe.  Take heed and guard yourself.
I gained 4 inches around my chest in 6 weeks. It took a sleepover with Girl Scouts to find out 27 people could not get far enough away from me snoring!
It turned out I had sleep apnea both types!  My brain doesn't signal my body to take a breathe when I'm sleeping.
I also had Xolair injections.  Xolair saved my life!  I did use the CPAP religiously until now I very rarely snore and need to use it. I find that any amount of eczema meds or asthma meds ups my calorie intake.
The missed signs for Sleep Apnea were I just could not get up in the morning.  I could not do it and didn't know why. Also at 3pm everyday I found myself just staring at the coffee pot.  It was so unlike me.  IT sounds to me like you should get checked.  By the way I am way older than you.
Thank you for telling us about Querecetin 500mgs, I will check it out at my pharmacy hopefully its over the counter  
I Have Been Suffering With Debilitating Allergies, Lethargy, And Breathing Problems For The Last Fifteen Years....I Have Chronic Sinusitis, Eczema,Chronic Urticartia (Severe Itching) (Zyrtec Is The Only Thing That Relieves Hives)...ThE Best HelpbBesides Zyrtec , Flonase, Nedi Pot , Z-pak, As Antihistamines make You So tired . My Best So Far... For RA Symptoms And Lethargy..... My Intraveneous Antibiotic Treatment For Lyme Disease...That I Dont Believe I Had And Shots Of Antibiotics And prednisone.....Now Try To Make Doctors See The  Need For Heavy Duty Treatment For Sinus And Lethargy. Its No Joke. People Are Debilitated.
you have to grant an ailment its time, lots of people look at depression and anxiety just to be things of the mind, but the victim is left in serious need of relief, trust me i understand, depression is a sickness that can causes other sicknesses, sometimes the problem can be deeper than the usual irritating cold symptoms, i suffer from depression, which triggers anxiety, which has an unreal list of symptoms and guess whats on the list? a doctor told me if all else fails try god, that only gave me clarity on the fact that they don't know sometimes, it could be as simple as a change of season or just enough faith and patience to see through the storm, dizziness and being lightheaded are signs of anxiety to me you're still on the surface and you need to go deeper.
This was posted sometime ago but for anyone else who may have this happen.
I would go get a CBC test and also think about checking/watching for anything you eat, drink or put on your skin. I have been going through so many different problems and then my grandson as well, one day he can be so sick (with what appears to be allergies), severe runny nose, tearing just so miserable he should be hospitalized and then the next day it is completey gone! Check out pesticides, insecticides and plant derived insecticides it very well could be someone you know trying to cause you much harm!
I guess there are a lot of us out there with these issues.  I have been getting allergy shots for almost a year and my symptoms aren't any better.  I am allergic to countess foods and pretty much everything that grows along with dust and mold.  I, like the rest of you, have been pretty much given a life sentence since doctors don't seem to treat allergy suffering with the severity it deserves.  Right now I have been housebound for days because I have had some inexplicable flare up and I have no idea what caused it.  Maybe if doctors could make billions out of helping us they would put more time/energy/effort into curing this issue.  Is it strange to anyone else that modern science can create a little robot that can walk on Mars but they can't do something about allergies?  I guess there isn't enough money in it.  My doctors didn't even bother to test me for food allergies so for all I know I did something to trigger this latest attack but since they are negligent there may be things I am ingesting that I am allergic to and I don't even know it.  Of course, its pretty much game over for those of us with soy allergies since it is being used as a cheap filler in pretty much every food we buy.  Check your labels.  I bet there is soy oil, soy protein, soy flour, or soy lecithin in just about every item in your household.  Newsflash:  this isn't food!  It is a cheap filler to save these companies money and it makes it so people like me can't even buy bread anymore.  It also causes the body to create estrogen which is very unhealthy even for people without allergies.  Not really sure if people like us will ever have an answer to this misery.  We better hope that allergy treatment suddenly becomes really profitable or there may never be a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am with you!  Why can't they fix this?  I have suffered most of my life and I'm 50 now!  I've been getting allergy shots for over 5 years and still feel like crap...I have fatigue, body aches and constant drainage down my throat and nose.  I've had my nose "vacuumed" by an ent doc.  I get mad when someone has a cold and leaves work and I'm sitting there sick every day.  I also have dizziness a lot and ears pop when I swallow.
Well, this is one long list of people in very similar boats. There is certainly some relief in finding out that there are other people going through the same daily challenges, looking for the same answers. The reassuring thing is not that other people are suffering, but that other people are all pulling in the same direction, exploring their allergies and searching for relief through different techniques and regimens. Surely all of that energy will yield a degree of insight over time, and help us to exert a greater degree of control over our individual conditions.

I can attest to the frustration and despondency that builds over time. Personally speaking, the worst part of this is seeing time slide by with its relentless progression, and to note how you have achieved so much less than you hoped and expected you would. The daily challenge of summoning enough energy and motivation to face the day is all consuming, and leaves you with little else in the tank for achievements and basic forms of personal development.

I want to share my own personal allergy catalogue. On the one hand it may be cathartic to externalise some of the issues. On the other hand, I think that it is important to give a voice to silent suffering. For there to be a concerted interest in finding substantive solutions to these types of problems, there needs to be more understanding of the extent to which people are affected, and the ways in which allergies intertwine with social and behavioural deviations. Since this is an extensive database of people of similar conditioning, it seems like as good a place as any for such an account.

With that in mind, here is a retrospective analysis of my own allergy timeline: My allergies arrived in full-force around the age of 14. Prior to this, I had always experienced notable hayfever at the onset of spring and summer, though the reactions were usually confined to running nose, sneezing, itchy eyes and the like. This was a manageable state of affairs, if somewhat inconvenient and annoying. Things changed around puberty. An all-consuming fatigue would wrap me from morn till eve, and any spare time outside of lessons would be spend sleeping: in a chair, on the floor, on a sofa, whatever. Problem is, you attribute these things to puberty. You’re told “your body is changing, it needs more time to rest” and I went along with this reading. But my body never normalised again. From then onwards, I was a person who had 30% of the energy & vitality that I’d had before. Trouble is, I still expected to thrive and achieve and flourish, and this led to a lot of internal tension with myself. I had no idea why I felt so drained, and a well of frustration and anger began to boil over and affect all facets of my life. I’d only ever been to a doctor if I’d had a specific and tangible ailment – tonsillitis, flu etc – so it never occurred to me to visit about a nagging and ebbing tiredness. So I just kept it to myself.

One day I was working a summer job on a plant nursery, right in the dragon’s den of the allergy world, so to speak, and I discovered that a menthol cigarette did wonders for my hayfever. Hey presto! Being of a certain age, and needing not excessive encouragement to take up this ridiculous habit, I forthwith became a smoker. Flooding my respiratory system with 1000’s of noxious chemicals certainly brought its own challenges, but it had a suppressive effect on the underlying allergies, for obvious reasons, and I was able to justify it to myself on spurious health grounds. It’s worth pointing out that I still didn’t know that I suffered from allergies, other than the ubiquitous hayfever (which everybody seemed to suffer from anyway, so it couldn’t be a big deal).

At University, the drinking culture and the smoking really took its toll on my body. I complained to my doctor about the constant lethargy and the brain fog, but I was now on a path so far away from good health that it was impossible to hold any conviction about what could possibly be the underlying cause. I reluctantly accepted to diagnosis of depression, collected the prescription for Prozac, and went into Serotoninergic overdrive. It was pretty fun for a time – all those chemicals rampaging around your brain uncontrollably – but there were side effects, and the underlying fatigue was as severe as ever. Not wanting to form an unhealthy dependence on these potent meds, I cycled off, but was back on them a year later as the winter rolled in. After the second spell of anti-D’s, I decided to leave them for good.

I limped through University. I didn’t enjoy it particularly. I didn’t thrive, which is a shame, because it could have been a great time. I got my first job, in a ****** white-collar environment, and hunkered down to good ol City life. My personality had almost evaporated by this point, as I was dedicating all my energy to the rigmarole of eat, work, sleep, repeat. I had moved into a flat whose previous occupant had been a cat-lover. The mattress that I slept on was covered in hundreds of cat hairs. The wheels really began to come off. I wasn’t sleeping properly. I rotted through each day in a constant malaise of tiredness and confusion. I started to visit the doctor on a regular basis. We went through a lot of tests. There would be whole blocks months between appointments being booked, and results arriving. A few times, having been out for a handful of drinks the night before, I would throw up on my way to the station. I remember collapsing into my bed just before Xmas 2011, and barely moving for two weeks. I was starting to get worried. Was I dying? How much worse could things get? Why couldn’t the doctors find anything wrong?

One day, purely by chance, somebody recommended that I participate in a clinical trial for hayfever that was giving free anti-histamines to the participants. Since I happened to be in the area, I dropped into the hospital. They applied a range of common allergens to my arm, and waited for the reactions to emerge. The reactions on my arm were pronounced and severe. I was excluded from participating in the clinical trial, because there were too many allergies, namely: Timothy Grass, Mixed Grass, Silver Birch, House Dust Mite, Cat Hair, Dog Hair, Aspergillus and Cladosporum. I was surprised, because my doctor had supposedly checked for common allergens during one of the many rounds of blood testing.
Now that I knew about the extent of the allergies, it became clear that a mattress adorned with feline hair was not an ideal resting location for 8 hours of every day. I didn’t have enough money to buy a new mattress, so I had to settle for some anti-allergen bedding. The difference was minuscule. The old house, ridden with damp, with thick woollen carpets, was still a constant source of irritation. I moved onto a daily regimen of anti-histamines, de-congestants, and nose sprays, and there was some degree of improvement. I stopped smoking. The biggest single improvement came from drinking fresh juice every day – carrots mostly, apples, lemon – prepared in a juicer. This was a bit of a game changer, in its own limited way.

I forked out for some online DNA allergy testing. It was surprisingly cheap (£40), and I half-expected that it was a con. The results came back, and there was near-perfect correlation with the previous set of legitimate tests that had been conducted in a leading London hospital. I now had a comprehensive list of dietary and environmental intolerances, as well as a list of deficiencies. For the record, these were:

Dietary: Aubergine, Bromelain, Coffee, Dill, Eucalyptus, Grapes, Jujube Fruit, Mallow Tea, Millet Seed, Mint, Onion, Orange, Papain, Sage, Sardines.

Environmental: Alpha Amylase, Aspergillus Fumigatus, Budgie Serum Proteins, Cottonwood, Dog Epithelium, English Plantain, Gerbil Epithelium, Hamster Epithelium, Horse Dander, House Dust, Johnson Grass, Lovage, Marguerite, Meadow Foxtail, Mixed feathers (goose, chicken, duck, turkey), Mixed weed pollens (Mugwort, Plantain, Ribwort, Goosefoot, Lamb’s quarter, Golden Rod, Nettle), Mulberry, Rat Epithelium.

Deficiencies: Allium, Essential Fatty Acids, Selenium, Vitamin D.

This was a big step, because I had a framework to build upon. Coffee, onions and wine, historic stalwarts of my diet (non, I’m not French), were dramatically banished. I really recommend this to anyone who doesn't yet know the full picture of their bodily intolerances.

It should probably be noted at this point that I have been to the gym most days for the last four years. It’s not that I enjoy the gym particularly, in fact, I have a virtually neutral opinion of my time spent there. However, it has been the only sure-fire mechanism to give me temporary respite from the apathy and the malaise. The endorphin rush is important (after intense cardio exercise), but there is also a flushing of the respiratory tracts. Swimming has been helpful too. In the beginning, when I was feeling particularly bad, I would cheat and use high-caffeine pre-gym supplements to force myself in gear. After taking the supps, I was in a bind – either exercise, or sit still and gradually slip into a full-blown caffeine-induced panic attack. This is not a nice trick to play on your body, but sometimes the ends justify the means, and this method was really important in keeping me going during some fairly deep lulls.

Yoga is a great tool too, if it’s open to you. For me, the dynamic (and hot) forms of yoga were a great way of connecting with the body and doing some proper breathing. It’s a shame it can be so expensive.

As for where I’m at now, I’m kind of at a plateau. The last time that I felt fit and healthy was for a week back in 2009, which is a long-time ago now. I was on holiday in a warm climate, and I remember the feelings of clear-headedness, relaxation, creative energy, contentedness and normality. Immunotherapy is not really an option for people with multiple allergies, so I don’t think that’s a viable route. At this point, my best option would appear to be moving to a better climate, with less seasonal variation, and closer to the coast. To do that, I need to save some money. And to do that, I have to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other, doing all the basics right, and inching there slowly.

These allergies have taken so much from me over the last ten years. Relationships, friends, personality, intellect – there isn’t really a facet of my life that has been left intact. I can’t read properly anymore – I scan the page at a million miles an hour, and retain nothing. Concentration is generally futile. Sleep has no restorative quality. The anhedonia is powerful.
Regardless, I fully retain hope that further improvements lie around the corner. Whether it be moving to a new part of the world, discovering a new supplement or medication, or merely making incremental improvements year on year, I am determined to win. And I will keep trying until I get there.

If you've read all the way to the bottom, thanks for reading, and please share you story too. There's nothing gained from silent suffering.
Unbelievable...I had no idea allergies could bring about such craziness and melody of symptoms.  I woke up this morning, again feeling horrible, dizzy, burning eyes, extremely tired and again, depressed. I have suffered from the panic attacks as well... In an effort to find out what the heck is going on, I ran across this forum.  Thank you for showing me that I am not crazy and there is more than likely nothing extremely wrong with me.  As a little girl, I had allergy shots three times a week as I was allergic to EVERYTHING...now at 51, it appears they have gotten so much worse!!!  I was taking claritin pretty much on a daily basis for over 6 weeks when my eye doctor told me that I have dried out my tear ducts!!  It is never ending!!!  I now have renewed hope, just finding out that I am not CRAZY!!!  
i sleep a lot because of allergies. Does anyone else here sleep a lot too because of allergies? Sometimes, it's the only way my allergies will go away- if i sleep it off. In general, I've quit all the medication a long time ago, didn't want to be on medication the rest of my life. Although I will take medication in times of desperation. The diet has worked for me but it's difficult sticking to it. Then I start feeling ok and start eating bad again- sugars, bread, alcohol, ETC. Sometimes I get extreme fatigue. I am allergic to basically everything. What I ingest, breathe, eat, drink, put on my body, stress, ETC. I have thought of doing LDA treatments (Low Dose Allergy Treatment- NOT the same as Regular Allergy Shots.) Sometimes I feel like I could be sleeping my life away.Sometimes I snort a lot because I can't breathe. And when my sinuses are blocked, I can't breathe either. I already have sleep disorders and these allergies just compound my sleep disorders. It's hard working because I'm always tired and sleepy and I have bosses that are always bitching at me because of this. Sometimes I feel I should live in a bubble and just eat vegetables, then I wouldn't have anymore allergies.  Does anyone else sleep a lot too due to allergies and fatigue??
I just found this site by chance but am glad I did. I've been suffering with bad ear congestion in my left ear for about 3 years now. Sometimes in the right but mostly in the left. This all started after I had a complete hysterectomy and everything has gotten worse for me because menopause was forced upon me instead of just happening naturally. I just feel horrible all the time. I have many other health problems that have stemmed from getting hit in a car by a drunk driver almost 20 years ago. Since then, my life has went downhill. Back pain, neck pain, headaches, panic attacks and anxiety,TMJ, stomach problems, etc etc. I moved back to my hometown of KY in 2008 after living in FL for 15 years and I think a lot of the problem is I live on a farm. Well, I had went to my GP and he gave me antibiotic drops for my ear and said to take regular Claritin. Neither helped at all so he referred me to an ENT who said I have severe allergies and am allergic to both types of dust mites, molds, 6 kinds of local trees and a bunch of local weeds, cats, dogs and even cows. He wants me to start allergy shots but have started taking Claritin-D and it hasn't helped a bit. My ear stays so clogged up all the time that I constantly hear my heartbeat and now it has turned into the bump bump bump rhythm of my heart but more of a buzzing whooshing sound too. This drives me crazy and when I turn my head to the right it gets worse. It's doing it right now as I sit and type this. My quality of life is so bad and I am so tired all the time, can't sleep good, headaches, and now my eyes are always burning and eye drops haven't helped much either. I'm thinking of just trying the allergy shots because nothing else has seemed to work but I'm scared to in a way because I've heard bad things about them, like feeling worse and it just takes so many years. I totally feel sorry for everyone on here and hate to know that so many people suffer with allergies. They are just debilitating and make life horrible. Has anyone else had the ear congestion like me and heard the sounds, and all that? Everytime I swallow, I hear a click and my ears pop.
i liked message u posted im going thru the same thing ...always this time of year and i know its the problem but it still doesnt stop me from being freaked out...i hope u get this message and thank u for taking the time to post your experience in helping me to realize..im not crazy either!!!
I am miserable! Last October I was dx'd with severe mold allergies and severe asthma due to the mold allergies. I have been on a roller coaster ever since of medications, Xolair injections insurance issues and since Dec 2013 I was laid off due to the fact my work place was mold ridden so I could no longer work there. I keep brain fog, memory loss, fatigue, horrible sinus pressure and fstigue. Basically I am home bound from May till late December because of the mold outside. If I do go out on days when mold counts are high from me I pay the price for days. This isn't something that you just pick yourself up by the bootstraps and move on with. This is life altering debilitating misery!!! Half the time I feel like I have cotton stuffed up my nose. I can't breathe in heatt and humidity. I have told my doctor my allergies are so bad I can't function and he says well you are on a good regimen of meds I don't want to change anything. Jeez thanks Doc!  In the meantime I have no life, not able to work, getting sicker and more depressed. So, everyone here suffering with allergies and asthma and you feel alone. You are not. I definitely feel your pain. What to do about it I do not know. I live in fear of having a major allergic reaction to mold one day that is going to do me in. I really don't know how much more of this I can take. This is not a life, this is torture!
Hello folks I get severe allergies as well and I live in the uk. Very depressing. I get mold allergies cigarette smoke allergies dust, grass and a whole host of things. Whilst in the UK I take piriton every night and clarity on average 3 times a week. I have a house In Spain and I don't get any allergies at all really unless I visit a furniture shop car showroom etc. To put it in perspective I stayed in Spain for 3 months and took a total of 5 piriton for the whole duration. So guess what I am moving to Spain as your health and happiness is the most important thing in the whole world.

I live in an old house which has poisoned me with mold spores for years now but I am taking action and selling it. I am really hoping to live like a new person very soon and I am literally counting the days.
Like all of you I to suffer from sever allergies.  Most people think I am just plain nuts when I  have an allergy attack.  Never know what brings it on.  But what happens is it starts with a stuffy drippy nose and by two days later the cough starts.  The cough is so bad that I can't sleep and it affects everything I do.  Eventually I will get mucus in my lungs and cough that up consistently, and the vomiting will start. This usually last at least a month.  In the past year when I have one of these attacks, I started to aspirate my food.  So tomorrow I head back to the allergist, so they can do a scope of my throat.  I hope that you all find some relief, as I am hoping too.
I also have clogged ear swooshin and ringing. I have always had sinus infections, but now have tested positive to 19 chemicaks and metals, through pach testing. It's the delayed skin allergies, that also causes blisters and rashes. I am allergic to chemicals in clothing , shoes, all shampoos and hygiene products, even organic bedding and shampoos. I am also alkergic to Formadehyde and many more things. I am bedridden due to blisters and rashes and unable to breath. My  eyes  stay matted up, or burning and itching, head and ears stay clised. The skin reactions are tv worse. No hell com doctors after a seeing many and over a hundred thousand out of picket.  Am I. The bd 24/7. It's very hard. I would suggest patch testing along woth other allery test.
Hey Guys,

I have had these same problems with allergies. I mostly have weather allergies but I recently think it might be due to my pets. I have one cat, but have not had the carpets changed in awhile, which needs to be done.

You feel like you have no energy to do anything. You always feel a background sickness coming on. There seems to be no end in sight. This last year I went to the doctor because I thought I had some kind of immune deficiency. She said it was allergies. I started taking one claritin a day, then added on allegra, and flo naze. I just stopped taking all of them because taking so many meds for allergies was becoming aggravating.

I'm at a point right now where I am very aggressive with how I self-talk to myself. Not in a mean way, but just like, "I will not allow allergies to ruin my day" or "I am the happiest and healthiest man alive!" Stuff like that. Sometimes just acting like you are the happiest and healthiest person alive helps a lot.

I started working out really frequently and that makes a difference. Not necessarily really hard workouts or anything. But making sure I get a full body work out, from the shoulders and arms down to legs and calves. This helps me gett a good night. I vacuum weekly. That helps.

To be honest though, there were other times in my life where I did not have this problem, especially when I was not living in Sacramento, CA, which is known for bad allergies. Also, I am living with a person right now who brings much unneeded stress all the time. There is a part of me that thinks once I move out I won't feel the same allergy feeling. I really think stress has a major part in it. I know from research that stress can affect the strength of the immune system. Wouldn't it make sense that having a lower immune system might make me more susceptible to allergies, and thus making me have them more?

Anyways just some things to keep in mind. I have been dealing with these feelings ever since I've been living in this current house with this specific room mate-two years. I know. It's horrible. Lol.

Good luck and God bless,
Chris
I have had these same problems with allergies. I mostly have weather allergies but I recently think it might be due to my pets. I have one cat, but have not had the carpets changed in awhile-I have had pets that have passed on. So the hair from my previous cat and dog might be in there as well.

You feel like you have no energy to do anything. You always feel a background sickness coming on. There seems to be no end in sight. This last year I went to the doctor because I thought I had some kind of immune deficiency. She said it was allergies. I started taking one claritin a day, then added on allegra, and flo naze. I just stopped taking all of them because I was started to take meds so much it was becoming aggravating.

I'm at a point right now where I am very aggressive with how I self-talk to myself, not in a mean way. But just like, "I will not allow allergies to ruin my day." "I am the happiest and healthiest man alive." Stuff like that. Sometimes just acting like you are the happiest and healthiest person helps a lot.

I started working out really frequently and that makes a difference. Not necessarily really hard or anything. But making sure I get a full body work out, from the shoulders and arms down to legs and calves. Getting a good night sleep helps. I vacuum weekly. That helps.

To be honest though, there were other times in my life where I did not have this problem, especially when I was not living in Sacramento, CA, which is known for bad allergies. Also, I am living with a person right now he brings much unneeded stress all the time. There is a part of me that thinks once I move out I won't feel the same allergy feeling. I really think stress has a major part in it.

Anyways just some things to keep in mind. I have been dealing with these feelings ever since I've been living in this current house with this room mate-two years.

Good luck and God bless,
Chris
Hey hi are you feeling now? Just read your post as I feel your pain.the same thing is happening to me.
I feel your pain! Or at least I did. The best advice I can give to anyone dealing with this is remain strong (remember there are always others worse off than you) and to think outside of the box and look at alternative therapies. I tried acupuncture, bowen therapy and unfortunately these did not work for me (although acupuncture made me smile uncontrollably afterwards for about an hour and bowen has been a godsend for my chronic lower back issue). I eventually decided that I would have to use a more direct approach ie. an applied treatment to my sinuses. I tried a neti pot which did not help me and a few natural nasal sprays again with no luck. Thankfully I ran across another natural nasal spray (sinusoothe) and it has cured me at long last. This may not be the one for you and it may be one of the others out there will suit you better but I can hand on heart that this does work and is well worth trying.

just a brief message as I have very little time, I have been experiencing same symptoms as most of you guys for a long time, sometimes it gets much worse especially in Spring time. What did reduce all symptoms was when once in my life i moved to the seaside.. I lived there for 2 years and had no allergy symptoms at all.. It's not possible for me to go back there now so allergies are back in my daily life. What does help me (along with some standard allergy + asthma  meds) are homeopathic drops called Santa Herba (they're Swedish but available almost everywhere). They help with nose and eye irritation as well as with breathing problems (dry cough) and they bring quite a quick relief, they also help to calm down. Much love to you all don't give up the fight
I just checked it and it turns out Santa Herba is NOT available in USA due to it containing a a banned ingredient.. It is available in Europe where I live. So sorry for wrong information. I wish you all fell better xox
I have had allergies off and on throughout my life. I have never had pain in my left arm until recently, the light sensitivity is another. I was sneezing so bad last night I thought someone was pulling my arm out of its socket it hurt so bad. It seems like I have more and more of a harder time with the after affects. It usually takes me a couple of days to feel right again. This morning I am still light sensitive, headache, tired feeling, and brain fog. I am considering going home as its affecting my job performance, which is not something I can NOT deal with.
Feather pillows and comforters!!!!! Do you have them? Get rid of them immediately and wash your hands and clothes!!!!
Don't want to scare you, but if you are having shortness of breath - get checked out by a doctor.  My son had the same problem, just shortness of breath - ended up in hospital immediately - had triple bypass surgery.  He is feeling great now.

As for sinus trouble - a water and salt mixture sniffed up the nose will clear your sinuses.  Don't use the ones already mixed - they are not strong enough.  Had a headache for three days, nothing helped until strong salt mixture, cleared sinuses in an hour.
You would be better off to go to another Dr. He say get rid of your pets? thats lame.. Try to use a Zyrtec regular not the D.. Once at night everyday. You can also use a saline spray everyday for the nose and also Nasonex helps me as well ..Just not at the same time..Costco has a generic brand for Zyrtec that's only around $17.00 . 365 pills per bottle. Cant beat it. It's usually seasonal for me and I just watch my symptoms. Can get sinus infections if I don't. Also there is a natural over the counter in health food stores that is a grapefruit extract spray that seems to  really help. Also if I can suggest to have your pets bathed often.. (at least every couple weeks if they go outside, cats inside not as often.. every couple months is fine. Use a vinegar and water mixed spray on their feet when they come in from the outside to clean the feet. This could be bothering you more .. Good luck
Thank you for the advice! I was able to find Yerba Santa on Amazon which is also known as Santa Herba! How do you use the drops? I can't wait to try...
I live in the desert most of my life, then I moved to Florida, I started getting severe Migraines to the point I could not get out of bed for days and weeks.  Tried all the doctors, then I fiqured out and looked around the place and saw all these fungus and spoors,  I couldn't see, my head pounded.  I then started flushing my sinus with a Netty Pot, took Pseduphedrine and nasal spray.  I think I had a toxic reaction to alll the Molds that grew in my sinuses.  After literaly two days I started feeling better.  Molds off gas toxins that if you are not use too it can be bad.  I have moved back to the desert and seems tham I still get a case one in a while but the simple things I discribed helpd very much and you can get them from your pharmacy with out a percsrption
I am so happy i found this forum....my sinuses and allergies always make me sick...I thought I was crazy at times because of dizziness unstable shaky etc..Thanks happy to be a part of it, made me feel sane.
Please read this posting, to explore a possible solution, if you have the same conditions as me, but didn't know it.

Hello,  I first read this forum about 6 years ago.  I have suffered from severe allergies since I was 10 years old.  I am now 36.  Like most of you, my allergy symptoms were very debilitating;  Fatigue to the point of always being tired, a constant itchiness all over my skin, dizziness, and massive brain fog.  This was accompanied by the typical allergy symptoms of sneezing, itchy/watery eyes, and nasal congestion, along with mild asthma.  During allergy season, I became extremely irritable, to the point that i was constantly pissed off, depressed, and felt alone.  I couldn't trust my emotions, as I would always overreacting to the slightest of bad news.  I was miserable and eking through life during allergy season.    I am highly allergic to grass, trees, dust, ragweed, etc.  My symptoms have also put my life in danger a few times when driving with dizziness and brainfog.  I have gotten into a couple of accidents, due to my lack of attentiveness.   I sometimes had to pull to the side of the road to take a 20 min nap, when it was real bad.  I have been on allergy shots for 10+ years, would take  8 zyertec (although I have tried all the antihistamines)a day, nasal steroids, nasal antihistamine, sudefed, xolair injections.  I have also tried bee pollen, sublingual tablets on top of my allergy shots, max dosage of allergy shots, supplements from a naturalpath, candida elimination diet, anti-anxiety meds, anti-depressant meds,  and acupuncture.  Nothing worked!
       The reason I am posting after all this time, because I finally found something that was effective.  I finally found a allergist that made a connection to an underlying condition of ADD.  I was never hyperactive, far from it, so I never figured I had ADD.  Especially, because outside of allergy season I don't have too many issues concentrating.  The overlap of ADD with allergies is not well known, but there are some medical journal articles noticing a higher amount of allergies in children with ADD, and others to suggest a possible connection.  My allergies  trigger ADD and the symptoms that go along with it, which is why my brainfog, dizziness, and irritability were caused.  I have now been on vyvanse for the past few months, although still taking 4 zertec a day, and maximum dosage xolair injections, and both nasal steroids and antihistamine sprays.  I stopped my allergy shots, as I wasn't a responder after 11 years and no reduction in symptoms.  Since being on Vyvanse, I feel like I have my life back.  The itchiness is suppressed with the dopamine release.  I can focus on the tasks I need to focus on, both at work and at home.  I am no longer always fatigued and tired all the time.  I actually enjoy socializing now, where before I would avoid it because I couldn't keep up with normal brain processing speed to have a normal conversation.  It's not a perfect solution, but a hundred times better.  I wanted to post, because after 26 years, I think I finally figured out the underlying issue.  I hope my story will help someone else  make the connection. Especially if you have any family members that have ADD or ADHD, there is a higher likelihood that you may have some underlying form of ADD also.. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all figure out the root cause and how to treat it.
-Jason
Interesting!have had bad allergies all my life and im having the worst season ever right now. I live in Florida so it's extra special! But my son had severe adhd and allergies. I always thought i had ADD too but at 50 I've never been dignosed,  but i feel it.. And there is a family history,  so i probably do.  Will look into this further.  Thanks
Thanks Jason 11111, it actually makes some sense...  I am not ADD but I have always been very busy person, cant sit down for long.  I have alol of a sudden after never knowing what sinus or allergies are, suffered now for 3 years.  To the point where my head feels so heavy, my body and joints sore, eyes puffy, ears blocked, dizziness, that I even thought I was having a heart attack...  I had the sinus operation that helped for a month, but it never will be 100%.  So the ADD thing is worth a try and even my ten year old who is also very busy guy battles terribly with allergies.  I am going to try something for ADD homeopathically for both of us just to see anything is worth a try these days.