Allergy Community

severe allergies and fatigue causing me to feel so depressed?

please someone help! i have been suffering from debilatating allergies/sinus probs, fatigue, and dizziness for about a year now. i do have allergies to mold, dust, milk products, and corn products. my allergy doc says my symptoms are all from allergies, but i have been trying everything 2 avoid the allergens, been getting allergy shots, tried numerous allergy medications, with no help from anything! does anyone else experience this type of thing? i seriously feel like i am getting so depressed. i cant hardly function, let alone enjoy anything. i suffer every single day. please, if anyone has any advice, etc, please let me know.
thanks so much!
I don't know if I have any advice, but know you're not alone.  I've been on several forums and you'd be surprised how many people have chronic sinus problems or allergies and how it causes such fatigue and depression.  My sinus problems won't go away, and when they flare up it makes me nervous and even gives me panic attacks.  Some days it's almost impossible to get out of bed.  It's frustrating and my experience is that you almost have to force doctors to deal with you, because many just want to dismiss the problems as not being serious.
Check out the rest of the forums here - we've all been talking in several about the same issues.  Know exactly where you're coming from.  So tired and feel so bad you can't function at all....sinus pressure, and seems most of us have had CT Scans, been to ENTs, and been on all the same meds.  So far Prednisone has helped me....but today's my last pill and I'm praying I won't go back to where I was, which was totally unable to function.  I just keep checking this forum every day to see if somebody gets help and post what I've been doing in case it can help someone.  It's caused my panic attacks which I've had for years but under control, to flare up, too.  You are not alone....but no one wants to feel like this!
hello, I have been suffering too from allegeries. I went to the doctor and he told me I was allergic to my pets. My house is so clean there is not one ounze of dog or cat hair and my car is clean also. I starting taking nasacort, sudafed and he gave me an inhaler. Nothing works. I have shortness of breath, I can't hardly breath.  I am so depressed and tired I can hardly go to work .  I am experiencing the same things as you. Can someone tell me what to do - thanks betsyll
I wish there was something I could say that would help you.  Read some of the other forums here - we've all been discussing it.  I look at all that pertain to me every day hoping somebody's got good news and help.  

I'm almost 4 months like this.  My face/sinus pressure was so bad today that I certainly didn't think I could make it through work.  I take it one day at a time.  I was sick to my stomach from my face hurting.  None of the nasal sprays or meds helped me.  The only thing that helped is Prednisone (steroid) which they only give you for a limited time because they are dangerous and your immune system can't find colds and other things when you're on it.  So I felt normal for a week or so...and now I've been off of them for a week and getting back to feeling bad and the facial pain and pressure.  Whatever this is has certainly changed my life (because I don't feel like I can function) and the others are saying the same thing.  We've gone to our doctors and Ear, Nose, Throat specialists, I've had CT Scan, x-rays, blood work, been to a chiropractor, been given about the same meds. with no help.

Something strange is going on this year....or we all have something that the doctors aren't diagnosing.  I'm going for allergy testing the end of the month.  I do have a cat and bird which I have had for years -- my house is clean...not spotless...because after 4 months of feeling like this I really don't feel like cleaning it!  I've got an air cleaner I keep running in my bedroom - but I can't tell that it's helped.  I just don't know.  The only comfort I can give is you're not alone.
man i have the same problem going to see an alergist this month.
after going through my primary doctor and an endocrinologist, i think maybe i have a severe food allergy somewhere. I love food induced anxiety and panic attacks, they are so much fun
I feel for anyone who suffers from allergies, as I am one of them, some days it is un bearable and I just want to cruel up and die.  My social life has been affected, that there are days when I am unable to socialise because of my allegies are so bad that I do not wnat to face anyone.
I am also under a doctor, and have done everything possible in my home to prevent allegens, but still I wake up every morning - after spending most of the night sneezing - still congested and feeling down and depressed, because I just want to have one day, where I can breath, smell and taste like a normal human being.
I was wondering if anyone has contemplated have sugery ???

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.