Allergy Community

severe sensitivity to most stimulus + mood disturbance

hello am a medical student ,, my prob is that iam very sensitive to all kinds of stimulants caffiene nicotine , jinseng ,to the extent that i cant sleep at night after intake of any of these substances evene if i took them in morning , i really feel bad because i think iam too weak right now to study and perform my usual exercise daily without these substances are there thing that i have to look for ? plus now after giving up all of these i usually wake up in morning and feels lost and confused not thinking well , and i have post ejaculation illnes ,, am afraid that i have something with my adrenals !!
Hi, understand your anxiety. The restlessness could be more due to your anxiety. Its unlikely that there will be sustained levels of caffeine in your blood after 12 hours. Some studies indicate that caffeine causes your adrenal glands to release more of adrenaline. This is suppose to cause the stimulant effects of caffeine. You can clear doubts by checking your caffeine levels in the evening. Also, you could make the shift towards less ‘caffeine’ containing drinks like tea, green tea is suppose to have beneficial effects. You could also try decaffeinated coffee and see if it helps. But first you will have deal with anxiety, as this promotes sleeplessness. Take care.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.