Allergy Community
10.3k Members
Avatar universal

tract under my skin

hi i'm  a 52 yr.old disabled woman, housebound, dr comes to my house... a few days ago i noticed a place on my right butt cheek in the middle closer to my hip then the middle of my cheek that goes around to my groin area on my leg there are a few nodules......my doctor measured it it is 26 inches long just unfer the skin few nodules ...it doesnt hurt unless it is touched ...im not running a fever....my doctor has no clue she said she has never ran across anything like it  ...is there anyone who might have any clue?
3 Responses
535822 tn?1443980380
I am wondering if this could be a ganglion or a cyst   I had something similar on my hand also bottom of my foot  awhile ago ..It went eventually ...I was told to rub it each day to help it disperse, which I did ..Look it up online ..good luck
Avatar universal
ty i will
Avatar universal
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The tract could be a perianal fistula, if it is oozing fluid. It could also be a perianal abscess, this is usually accompanied by severe pain and fever.  If it is an abscess it needs to be drained.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.