Allergy Community

unusual rash

i am 25 years old and for 2 years ago when i had a child i went to the dr for help with my depression. well 2 years later and countless drs, every medication depression and otherwise makes me break out with a very weird rash. the rash seems to be triggered by me getting a chill then its like the goosebumps just stay, it does not itch but i have a weird "chill" sensation where ever the rash is located. the rash is white raised goosebump like patches. it never comes at the same time........it may be 1 month after i have started a new medication or 1 hour after the first dose. i take benadrly on a daily basis to help the frequency, but i usually have to resort to oral prednisone to make it go away.every dr i have been to seems to have no clue what it is, except for 1 dr that said it was my mind reacting to my anxiety and producing this rash???? i have had blood work done with no unusual results. if any one has any idea i would greatly appreciate some advice as i feel i am at a complete lost and desperate for answers.
Hi amamarkar,

How are you? Depression is more common among women than among men. Biological, life cycle, hormonal and psychosocial factors unique to women may be linked to women's higher depression rate. Researchers have shown that hormones directly affect brain chemistry that controls emotions and mood. Women are particularly vulnerable to depression after giving birth, when hormonal and physical changes, along with the new responsibility of caring for a newborn, can be overwhelming. These hormonal imbalances could be the reason for the rash as well as the chill. If one medication does not work, you could try another medication or add another one for the anxiety. You could discuss this with your doctor for proper management. You can learn more about this through this link:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression/summary.shtml

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.