Allergy Community

urticaria pigmentosa

My daughter has been diagnosed with urticaria pigmentosa, however the more I read the more I doubt if this is correct. She does not itch them and they do not swell - can any one else confirm that this may be the case?

In urticaria pigmentosa,the rash consists of reddish-brown spots that turn into hives when they are rubbed hard or scratched. Sometimes the spots will blister.When the rash turns into hives,then there is associated itching.Diagnosis is by Darier sign and confirmation is done by skin biopsy.So I would suggest a skin biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.