thining of hair

hair fall &root pain while combing myhair upwards
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you are having pain scalp while combing then temporal arteritis and giant cell arteritis should be ruled out. Temporal arteritis is an inflammation of vasculitis of blood vessels of the large and medium arteries of the head especially the temporal artery tat branch off from the carotid artery in the neck. Also called giant cell arteritis, it is more common in women.

Other than that follculitis or infection of the scalp should also be ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Helpful - 0
I also want to stop hair loss as my hair breaks. I have scalp issue. After every 15 days it appears in my hair.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alopecia Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions