Alopecia Community

Patchy left eyebrow and tingly scalp!!

Hi this may sound a little weird but I will discuss with you my problem in the hope it will be answered.

I am a 28yr old female and I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I currently take 75mcg of Levothyroxine per day.

Despite me being on Levothyroxine for nearly 10 weeks I've noticed that the outer third of my eyebrows, notably my left one, is not as thick as it used to be but then I check again and the hair has come back? Also I'm developing bald patches in the middle of my eyebrow, but is this alopecia? I only ask as this is occurring in just one eyebrow.

Because I've got fine blonde hair it's hard for me to say as to whether I've developed any female-pattern baldness around my scalp but I'm getting tingly feelings near my hairline on the right hand side and sometimes the tingly feelings extend into the right eyebrow. I don't know what the problem is, can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance x
Since you are losing eyebrow hair also, it makes sense to rule out alopecia totalis. In this there is hairfall of scalp as well as eyebrow and eyelashes. The cause is stress or some autoimmune disease. My sincere advice would be to get an examination done from a dermatologist or trichologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi thanks for your answer.

I have had a talk with my GP and he has referred me for a blood test to check that the thyroxine I'm on is enough. He seems to think it isn't enough as some friends who have Hahsimoto's have said that 75mcg is a starting dose. I see my GP tomorrow who will advise me the result of my blood test but I can't see the TSH would have fallen within the therapeutic range (0.27 to 3.0) as I feel even worse.

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions