Red painful bumps with puss on my scalp

I have red bumps on the side of my head. Its only on the left side. They are huge and small. They puss and bleed. They are very sore to touch and sore when I brush my hair. I am losing my hair in the affected area. It is a large amount of hair loss. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it could be. In the pic attached you can clearly see a huge red bump and there are a lot of small bumps you just can't see them as well. I am concerned but I have no medical insurance and I don't want to lose my hair. Help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Same problem here.....Idk what it I'd but wsntt fixed itching burning an making me very uncomffortauncomffortab
Helpful - 0
These sores can be due to boils or hidradenitis suppurativa. Apply warm compresses on the lumps and keep the area clean. Topical antiseptic treatment and topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment is very useful.If still the lumps persist then specific treatment like antibiotics,vit A supplements,corticosteroid injections,isotretinoin,antiandrogens and sometimes excision and drainage ,laser therapy and radiotherapy are found useful.I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alopecia Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions