Sudden/Diffuse Hair loss

I am having a repeat problem with hair loss. Background: exactly 1 year ago I took stanozolol (anabolic steroid, Winstrol) for 2 weeks, but immediately stopped after my hair quickly, and aggressively fell out. I had significant hair loss in a very short time. I visited an endocrinologist and she said 2 weeks was too short of a time for 5-AR and DHT to be the culprit. As a result and for precautionary reasons, I was prescribed 1mg Propecia and have been taking it ever since.

After a year, my hair was full and healthy. 3 weeks ago, I started taking a Selective Androgenic Receptor Modulator (SARM), which claims to have zero effect on hair loss and hormone levels because it only targets skeletal muscle and not the body's other androgen receptors. As a result, my hair is thinning rapidly again. I am currently taking Propecia and have been for a year so DHT should not be the issue. Why else is my hair falling out? Why does everything I attempt to use for exercise progression effect my hair so quickly and aggressively? Beyond telling me I'm an idiot for even experimenting with these chemicals, please offer an explanation for the assault of my hair. I have experienced zero side effects, other than diffuse hair loss. PLEASE HELP.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Everyone reacts differently. You are more sensitive than others to the stuff you are taking. And why are you taking it? Bigger muscles? Regular exercise will give you all the muscle you need - and you will keep your hair. Plus no side effects.

Another possibility. You are subject to male-pattern baldness and this stuff is just speeding up the process. By the way, if you want to enhance your hair naturally take BioSil. No side effects and is great for overall health.
Helpful - 0
Are you sweating more as a side effect?  That's how the male hormone gets into the follicles.  Why take these things when everybody is going to assume it's going to shrink your testicles?  Is that what you want women to think of when they see you?  Ew.  Can't be good for your sperm quality.  Don't want healthy babies some day?  It's the only body you have, so this is your chance to eat a caveman diet and exercise be TRULY manly.  You know what I find a turn on?  The kind of muscles guys get from doing real-world exercise, like cutting wood, yard work like digging and moving rocks.  Using their brains and muscles to create something beautiful.  Yum.    
Helpful - 0
I don't think men take steroids to attract women. It's more about making themselves "beautiful." Sort of like women getting breast implants. I can' see a man being attracted to false breasts unless he just wants a woman for show. And I can't see a woman being attracted to a man who is all wrapped up in himself.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Alopecia Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions