Alternative Therapies Community
542 Members

fish oil interactions

Does anyone know if it is ok to take fish oil with inhaled corticosteroids? I have COPD. I tried it and I think it helped my inflammation but I also seemed to get some increased side effects from the steroid.

thanks
judi
It is not a good idea to inhale aerosolized fish oil, although supplemental oral supplements are fine.
Oh, I wasn't inhaling it, I can hardly stand to swallow it.  lol.

Thanks for the information on the lack of interaction.

judi
They now have flavored (in a variety of flavors) Cod liver oil available, which is quite palatable.
Cod liver oil isn't the best fish oil for inflammation or for omega 3 oils.  It comes in gel caps, which you don't taste at all.  Nordic Naturals is a very good brand for omega 3 rich fish oil.
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Learn ow this ancient healing Indian medicine can work for you
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste