Alzheimer's Disease Community
477 Members

Dementia, Delirium

Does anyone have any experience with either?  Can someone tell me if they have experienced delirium with an elderly parent (78-79 years of age), and the outcome.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.  

Also, wondering if anyone has any suggestions getting into facilities for sub-acute care.

My grandmother was in the early stages of Dementia when my grandfather died in 1993. soon after she was misplacing a few things and about 2 years later into an apartment and in 1999 we had to move her into a nursing home. My grandmother just turned 91 last weekend. The best advice I can give would be get picutres with names on them so she knows who they are.
Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life