Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Community
630 Members

Now I am letting it all out....

My mother died of ALS last November 2nd. It was a VERY long, awful ride! At first I felt at peace when she died as she had been through so very much, she deserved peace.
My sisters, father, and I took turns caring for her so that someone was with her 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and with the help of hospice we were able to do this. Near the end it became very hard, actually impossible to do more than one day and one night at a time. One day she wrote me a note that said, "when are you going to stay for two days and two nights?" I never did and I cannot get it out of my mind! I wish that I would have done it! That is my one and only regret that I have and I will never get over it! I will never forgive myself!
Aww hun *hugs* I'm so sorry!!!!! If we could only go back and redo somethings over again I think many of us would take up on that opportunity.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease