Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Community
630 Members

Symptoms or me just being stupid. ALS

hello there I will make this quick as you are all probably bored of saying the same thing.

I am currently a serving soldier in the British Forces and I know that I suffer from anxiety.

I am 23 years old.

So I'll start from the beginning.

I have recently had an operation on my ankle due to a injury I have occurred.
I was given Codene and Amnatriptoleen ( apologies for the spelling.) they gave me crutches after the operation I have never used crutches before. Stupidly I was double doesing on the drugs because the pain was u real. Stupidly I came of them cold turkey and massive withdrawal my emotions went evrywhere and it was awful.
About two weeks ago I started the get a aching pain in my right arm where my tricep is and slight tingling in my hands. Stupidly I looked on the Internet ( please don't judge, young and stupid) and obviously loads of horrible things come up, MS,ALS, other things but as you guessed I focused on only the main ones. I for a while I have been panicking getting myself worked up and now the pain is now in my left arm slightly and my right leg feels week. I have just been to the gym, ran, squats, calf raises, I tripped up the stairs though probably due to me trying to run up it. I personally think it's in my head that the symptoms are feeling worse. I would just like your advice. And probably a grown up Internet slap.

I hope this has not bothering you. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety but ever since my divorce at 22yr old I have been an emotional wreck. I can't go to my Military doctors because they will look at discharge..

Any advice is helpful to put my mind at ease.
Tags: Doctor, ALS, muscle ache, weak arms and legs, help, Anxiety
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease