Anal Cancer Community
248 Members

worried at 27

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read my post.  A few months ago at work I experienced some sudden and powerful gas pain, and the next day I passed a few drops of bright red blood in a bowel movement.  I went to an ER doc and he said he performed a digital exam, but said he couldn't find anything wrong or any signs of bleeding.  The GI doc I saw a week later said that it was probably an internal hemorrhoid.  I bled once more the next week, and then nothing for months.
Recently I strained during a movement, and the next day I bled again.  It has really freaked me out, because everything I read on the internet points to cancer.  I alternate between healthy (although not quite as large) and thin movements, and I feel a mild itching sensation about once a day.  I've been so distraught over all of this, I have been going to the bathroom twice or three times a day (once a day is my normal).  I think I can feel something just inside my rectum, because I can feel a pressure when I pass solid (but not as large as normal) movements.  I have an appointment for a flex sig, but am hoping for some insight because this is really eating me up.  
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.