Aneurysm Community
605 Members

Ophthalmic Artery Aneurysm

While having a CT w/Infusion for swelling in my Parotid gland (salivary gland between ear & jaw on the face) an Ophthalmic Artery Aneurysm was found on the left side of my brain, it is 4mm.  Went to a neurosurgeon for evaluation and he said that because of it's small size and the fact that it was not bubbling out (was smooth) we would not do surgery, but, would keep a close eye on it...CT angio's every six months.  I'd like to know anyone's thoughts on this and would like to hear from anyone who has this kind of aneurysm...thanks
wow, I can't believe that I am the only person on here with this type of aneurysm....hhhhmmmmm, should I be worried??????
you are NOT THE ONLY ONE! my Mother had the same ANEURISM Sept 12, 2009 in the midst of a hurricane and died 5 times and was in coma for 30 days, she was eventually brought by GOD back to LIFE and is here today with MUCH DEMENTIA as a result of the RUPTURE! Please keep GOOD watch on any symptom! GOD BLESS and My thoughts and Prayers are with you as you WAIT!
Hi - I have an aneurysm in the same place. finding out you have an annie can be quite unsettling. Some pointers ;-) make sure you keep your stress down - not always easy but is important. Typically, depending on the size doctors will do a wait and watch approach but not always. It does depend on where it is etc etc. Mine is about 3.5 mm and I'm on a wait and watch approach. I've read some posts on other boards where people had surgery even though they were small and a good thing they did, cause once the doctor got in there it was found that it was close to rupture. Do your homework and get informed is going to be your best approach.  Going every 6 months for a ct angigram sounds like a good approach but it is always a good idea to get a second a opinion irregardless. Different doctors take different approaches which is why unless you trust your doctor that you get a second opinion.

I wish you well.
Dreambabee, I'm so sorry about your Mom, thanks for the reply and for your prayers.

crwstar, thanks for all the info, I will take everything you have said into consideration and will, indeed, stay on top of it...I was really beginning to think that I was a freak of nature!! lol  My maternal grandmother dies of a stroke at age 36, and I bet it was an aneurysm...that would have been back in the '30's and down south, so anything was possible, I know that they were poor, so, no big town doctor there...
No, you are not a freak of nature ;-) There are many of us - this board is just beginning to get a few regulars.  I am a little over a year into watching and waiting on the annie I have. I go in this week for another test to take a look at it. I wish you all the best. If you have any other questions pls ask.
Do you, or did you, have any symptoms that led to your diagnosis or was it found by accident??  Do you have any symptoms now??  Thanks for your info!!  ;) joyce
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else