Aneurysm Community
607 Members

abdominal aortic aneurysm

i had repair surgery 8 years ago.  since the surgery i have been bedridden.  i am 57 yrs old.  doctors here say it brought out muscular dystrophy, which i have never had.  they say it made collagen vascular worse as well.  they say i have to learn to live with fact i will remain bedridden.  i was never told this could happen or i never would have had the surgery!  this has been hard to accept considering i was active before this surgery.
is it possible they are wrong?  i have hard time walking across a room because i can not breath!  it is like i am being suffocated.  i have to lie down and wait for my breathing to come back.  i feel this is causing my muscle weakn ess.  isn't it true that muscles need oxygen to survive?
do you feel i need to just accept the diagnosis?  isn't there any hope..anywhere to turn?
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else