A
A
A
Close
Anger Management Community
684 Members
1529582 tn?1316365192

Help in Alexandria VA.

I’ve been to my new psychologist 3 times in the last 10 days and he wants to raise my Celexa from 10mg to 40mg because he said I need to “totally relax” and be able to think clearly and that I have way too much bottled up anxiety.
I’m all for drugs but isn’t that way too much. My problem that has me there is, I drank too much and slapped my girlfriend around, I went to jail for abuse. I explained to my psychologist the long list of my life frustrations happening now; it took nearly the first hour to tell him everything wrong with my life. I only have 2 bright spots in my life right now my daughter and my girlfriend and I blew it with my girl friend. His first question to me after I told him everything was have you had your blood pressure checked? He made an appointment for me to get checked out and see why I haven’t had a heart attack. It freaked me out but he had a good point.
I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to connect with him and open up 100% so
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a great psychologist in ALEXANDRIA?
5 Responses
1436598 tn?1332900133
Okay, glad you are getting help but you didn't just 'slap' your girlfriend around.
1529582 tn?1316365192
No kidding, dumb dumb dumb!
1529582 tn?1316365192
Yes and a open form is hard to talk openly on.  
Dude, it is too important for you to be totally honest with your psychologist.  You have to open up or it's not going to work...... take it from a guy who now knows...
There is also another option.
MKP is the ManKind Project. It's a non-religious organisation designed to help men become their authentic selves - really relating with no ********, in an emotionally safe environment. They have a rites-of-passage weekend training where the key ethics are about support, acceptance, vulnerability, emotional safety, personal responsibility, trust, and all supported in a heartfelt way by other men.
It's a powerful experience for people like myself who weren't used to unconditional support from other men without any competitive overtones.
dggbf: You could take your anger to an MKP week-end and it will likely change in some way. There are MKP trainings all over the States as well as internationally.
Have an Answer?
Top Relationships Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.