Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anger Management Community
686 Members

How to forgive from heart forever

How to forgive from heart forever??? Whenever I wish to put down all the bitterness of hatred and wrath, the next morning it again peeps into my mind. Neither I am able to forgive nor able to bear this heavy weight in my chest. I was tired pretending, so I can't hide my arrogance. Can a human being truly forgive? If yes, then how???
2 Responses
134578 tn?1602101550
It must depend on what you are being asked to forgive.  Some things, nobody can forgive except perhaps a genuine saint, and perhaps the world does not expect them to forgive.  I am thinking of tragedies like harm to a child caused deliberately by someone with bad intentions.  If I were that child's mother, I would almost undoubtedly not forgive, I don't think.  I also think that for some things, the price of not forgiving is very high.  In the example I gave, if it became clear to me that my continuing to be furious would only harm me, and not the person who originally had the bad intentions, I might try to at least let it go so I myself would not be harmed by my anger.  For that, I would seek therapy from a good counselor.  Have you tried that?
9118730 tn?1401800652
True forgiveness comes from letting go of all the pain and the hurt. I know it is easier said than done but believe me, when you learn to truly forgive, you will be the one benefiting most as you would feel free and light. When you forgive someone who has deeply hurt you, you are doing yourself more favor than the other person.
Top Relationships Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child