anger problem

i have a bad anger problem and it seems that i cant control it sometimes i try not to be angry but it seem not to work. people fear that i might heart them or hurt their feeling so bad. but to me i dont care. it seems that everytime im angry and dont let out my head fells like it about to explode, i start getting depress and have alot of thoughts going through my head. i just need help on how to reduce my anger.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Possibly through anger counselling, ask your Doctor to refer someone to help you,and when you feel anger to others walk away, switch off ,do something, focus on other thoughts , it is our thoughts that make us feel bad ...Good luck
Helpful - 0
Margy is right...it's our thoughts making us feel anger far longer and larger than we should which will often lead to suicidal thoughts from depression.  I had an incident happen just last night.  I haven't felt angry for days, but an issue with my husband arose and after just a couple of words, I feel like I will fly apart with anger.  Went in my room, closed the door and forced myself not to dwell on the issue and slowly I felt better.  If you sit and ruminate on what's bothering you it will just spiral out of control so you must force yourself not to dwell on the problem...lol, if possible!

Couselling may help teach you how to keep your anger under control as I'm sure you don't want people fearing you, although in the moment, you may not care, but I know you do.
Helpful - 0
You have probably been very deeply hurt in the past and are lashing out. Anger is a very negative emotion that clouds judgments and can be very destructive. The only person that you can change is you and if you know that your behavior is hurtfull or harmful to others, you have become self destructive, but remember that no one likes to be around someone who is negative. Negative attracts negative, so it's important to talk about what is really bothering you deep down inside. It could be from the past (broken relationships, abandonment, victimization,etc), but you don't have to live  your life under a cloud of anger. Counseling helps, but many people just to care to go or don't have the financial means, but just talking about it helps and is a start, but there has to be more to this than just being angry for no reason, something has happened to you for you to feel that your not going to let anyone get away with anything and your not taking c*r*a*p from others. Always in the defense. Talk about who hurt you and begin the healing process and becoming a kinder, gentler person. Judy
Helpful - 0
Why are you so anger? I have a 19 year old daughter who is ruining my life with her anger... I gave her everything to excess... I cant understand why she hates me.... Try to talk to the ones you love, work it out ,take a break ...it hurts everyone when you act out...
a mom who knows
Helpful - 0
Trish, im sorry to hear about how ur daughter acts. Usually that is who receives the anger. the people closet to us.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anger Management Community