Angina Community
317 Members

Can a thallium stress test be useful

I had a myocardial infarction 10 years ago and i had a an open heart surgery since then and now i am experiencing symptoms of stable angina and my angiogram is completely clear and the bypass is 100% success and all the tests are negative, can a thallium stress test be useful or it will not be conclusive because of the former heart attack
Nuke stress is like, the gold standard for determining myocardial viability, so yes it can be useful in determining how likely the heart is to heal.

Having a clear angiogram doesnt help make the case for getting one though. Its most helpful for people who have untreated occlusions to decide weather or not we wanna do any work.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.