Angina Community
328 Members

Diet and heart disease

If I ate at or slightly below daily recommended amounts of fat and/or salt for ...let's say a few weeks, and then really blew it one weekend, would I be better off, worse off, or the same as if I consumed the same amount spread out over the same time period?
Boy o boy anny2 you are really going to make all of us think on this one aren;t you?  LOL
I am totally wondering where your question is coming from with the sodium and fat intake here.  This one is definately dietary based and not my forte...is_something_wrong may have an answer on this one but i think i can safely refer you over to one of our other Medhelp sites "Nutrition" i believe that that forum could answer your question alot better than i can here anny2..wish i could help because you have peaked my curiosity here but i have to be honest and tell you that i too would be interested in the answer to that question for many reasons.  So anny2..when you get the answer let us know okay?  Thanks for the post though and i am so sorry i do not feel i can answer it accurately or even semi for you...i'm going to be looking for your post with the answer tho i'll tell you that!!!!
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.