Angina Community
331 Members

HEART ATTACK

hi, im a 26 yr old doctor, on december 10 2009 i suffered from a massive heart attack, my angiography was done n revealed that my LAD and RCA was completely blocked by thrombus, after receiving eptifabatide infusion a re- angio was done n revealed that my RCA was completely cleared there was a small plaque in LAD i was then fitted with a drug elluting stent... at the time of attack my cholesterol, bp etc was normal, doctors said that it was due to hypercoaguble state of my blood... now my ejection fraction was 30% in jan in FEB it was around 40-45% n i started my work full time.... as any normal person would do... after 6 months again an echo was done that revealed that my LVRF is still 40-45% my cavity is dilated n have mild to moderate LV DYSFUNCTION my ques is how will my LVEF increase? is it going to increase anymore? my cavity is dilated does this pose a problem as im still very young?
I am sorry that this has happened to you at such a young age so it shows no matter how old we are anything can happen in life to any one of us.....it sounds to me like they got the cause of the issue with the blood clot being the culprit but my question for myself would be am i pre disposed to future clots and most importantly did the docs put you on an anticoagulant.  I am sure you are aware if you have a family history of anyone under the age of 50 having a heart attack it puts you in a higher risk group as well as a family history of blood clots so they should be super pro active with your treatment plan.  With LVEF docs now have all types of new options to combat with including the fairly new med neuregulin that has great results from the clinical testing that i have read about so you may want to talk to your doc and see if it may work for you. It looks like your ejection fraction is increasing as time is moving on so that is obviously a good thing for you and hopefully it will continue to increase i don't personally feel that there are limitations to the percentage of which your ejection of blood increases however as you said there may be some limitation if it is dilated and the big question is what is the treatment plan your docs have come up with to ensure that you have a safe future and the best odds possible and i would definately ask the doc if this will be progressive in your case and how to avoid this...good luck
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.