Heart Attack

34 yr male just suffered my second heart attack in a year. Had a stress test done got mildly depressed ejection fraction of 40 to 45% with inferior hypokinesis. How long do I have left? And is it safe for me to work on my feet in a stressfull work place or do I apply for disability?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Did you have a stent placed during the heart attack? Your Cardiologist will be able to tell you how much, and what kind of work you can do. I'm so sorry to hear this has happened twice. You are so young. I don't think anyone can tell you how long you have to live.Hopefully to at least 100! Thank goodness medicine has came as far as it has. They are coming out with new treatments all the time.
Helpful - 0
My friend. **** Cheny had 5 heart attack.first when he was ur age.now he wears a battery that help heart pump blood.he just came back from quail hunting.also he has an implated Icd.He is 70 yrs old and still going.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.