Heart Disease

Does Coumadin and Complete Hi-Potency Omega-3 :Liquid Fish Oil go together?
Best Answer
Hi i read your post....i am wondering what is going on with you medically and why you are on the coumadin and Omega 3's?  Both have a very specific job that they do for our bodies....maybe you could post why the doc put you on Coumadin in the first place and how often you take it and if the doc is the one who recommended the fish oil and omegas.....thanks....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi and thank you for answering me.  I am on Coumadin since I have Atrial Fibrillation and a pace maker. I take 0.5 mg Coumadin a day.  I take fish oil Omega for my back pain.  I hope this answers your question.  Hilde
Helpful - 0
Hi Hilde
You always want to get clearance from your heart doc when you put anything into your body the what a great doc he or she is putting you on the blood thinners for the a fib...i don't know if you are aware of it but actually fish oils have been shown to work great for a fib as well you just want to always make sure that nothing depletes or lessens the potentency of the meds that the doc gives you because you want the best shot you can at staying healthy just like all of us in the community...i hope that you atrial fib is under control...i have it to altho had an ablation to correct that and a couple of other issues a couple of years ago and so far so good Hildegard...we are here for you whenever you need us and remember if you see a post that you can identify with don't forget to pop in and comment because this is a group effort.....take care my friend.....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.