Avatar universal

Should I have an angiogram?

I recently had a mid-level heart attack, am being treated with medication only, but experience chest pressure whenever I walk any distance. I am scheduled for a sonogram in 2 months time.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
You should consult your cardiologist because it depends on your clinical and/or laboratory scenario:

For patients with chest pain with high probability for acute coronary syndrome, invasive imaging with conventional angiography/cardiac catherization may be appropriate.

For patients with chest pain with low to intermediate probability for acute coronary syndrome, noninvasive imaging with cardiac stress testing may be appropriate. Common modalities include ultrasound (echocardiography), nuclear medicine (myocardial perfusion imaging), and CT (CTA coronary arteries).

Source: https://acsearch.acr.org/docs/69403/Narrative/
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.