Avatar universal

Should I visit a specialist for my sudden heart issues?

Hello All,

I am a 26 year old female smoker weighing 109 pounds. I have been suffering from increasing chest pain the last week. Randomly I feel a sharp spike in my chest which causes me to have to stop and wait until it passes. This generally occurs during normal activity. I also have been having extreme shortness of breathe, almost fainted, random pain in my shoulder/jaw. I became even more alarmed when I randomly felt sick to my stomach yesterday night and vomited. I do take ADHD medication but only 15mg a day.

I know it may be uncommon for my age but I can’t get past the symptoms and sudden acute pain!

Should I go straight to a specialist or my pcp doctor?
2 Responses
Avatar universal
You should go to your doctor and get it checked out.
It may be something small, but to re assure yourself, get to your doctor and be checked
Avatar universal
See your PCP quickly.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.