Trouble pinpointing chest pain

I am an active 22 year old male with no history of heart disease in my family and have been experiencing chest pain for about 4 days now. It isn't specifically in one spot but mostly in the middle upper area. It does spread sometimes throughout the whole chest.

It is a pretty dull pain that never really goes away but still very irritating. This is pretty much all I think about. When I wake up I usually don't have any but the more I think about not having it, it comes back.

Could this just be anxiety or does it seem like a more serious issue? I don't get lightheaded or dizzy except sometimes I get short little quick pains that cause me to worry thinking im having a heart attack. Pain worsens at rest/lying down.

I also get random short ear aches and don't know if they're related or not.

Any ideas?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi There. We are no substitutes for your family doctor. Go see him.
Look, I would think your ok, its probably anxiety or something. The fact that its happening at rest would not be the standard thing in angina, which mostly happens on exertion. Go see the doc to re assure yourself
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Angina Community

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.